or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

I tuck the back blade on nearly every fit. Like you say, it's invisible most of the time, even IRL.  Looks good, but shoulder expression is totally personal preference IMO, so go with what you enjoy wearing the most.  Gorgeous warm & sunny day, so busted out the cream linen suit & panama hat:  The suit is something of an afterthought. I've owned the jacket for many years, but after getting rid of a cream wool suit a couple of years ago, I realised I missed having the...
For a cheap suit, there's no point because you can easily buy a new suit for not all that much more. For an expensive suit; well, if you own an expensive suit, you probably own enough of them to wear each one relatively rarely. And you probably like clothes, and enjoy variety. So by the time the trousers wear out, you'll probably be wanting a new suit anyway, so it's a good excuse to order one.   If you have a relatively small but expensive wardrobe, however, then yes...
 Is this mine? Looks like it, what with the BD collar, shoulder epaulettes & chest pockets. I hope your model didn't get any fruit juice on it!!  Looks good, can't wait to get my own grubby little mitts on it.
 Well played; between you all, you're almost there, though kulata's the only one to nail one of them exactly... - short-sleeve shirt- multi-coloured polka dot socks (the shoes are actually chocolate brown gator/croc (can never remember which) but the lighting makes them appear close to black in the photo, I agree)(I wouldn't object to either braces or no belt with belt loop trousers, btw) Thanks for the positive feedback, too.  Loro Piana. LP seem to make several different...
 Do many school uniforms use cream/white trousers in other parts of the world? All the ones I can think of here, including mine, went for grey trousers (excepting cricket whites, obviously). I can't imagine cream trousers looking clean for very long in any school!!    Lovely sunny day here, so making the most of it. There are two hidden sartorial sins in today's look, but what you can't see won't hurt you.  
They have a slightly more graceful arc than normal collars. And this really shines when they are worn without a jacket. With a jacket collar, BDs can sit neater than the one-piece, which can sometimes scrunch up slightly as they're so "soft" by comparison. I like 1-pieces best in summer, worn with no jacket.
 Tracking can be nuts. Sometimes packages seem to jump from country to country like they're Carmen Sandiego.  Luxire have top men working on your shirts. Top. Men.
Thread title made me think of this...    
 I find hortizontally striped ties to be exceptionally difficult items to deploy either on myself or in others' fits. However, this one works well in this fit. I think it's because it's a narrower width than most striped ties.  Exactly the right way to deploy this kind of tie IMO. Nice! I only have a pair of navy suede drivers. Blue calf? Maybe one day...    More casual gear, so spoilered again. I tend to wear polos with blue jackets and light trousers quite a bit in...
 Two outfits that I like, but both share a somewhat random choice of pocket square to my eye.  That might be a surprisingly difficult alteration. It's not as simple as just cutting & trimming the lining.The internal seams may well look quite messy and need a lot of of taping/tidying up. Might be a case of suck it & see to know for sure though; best to have a chat with your tailor.  Lovely sunny day today:  Also, a very casual fit (so spoiler coded) from a couple of days...