or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Yes. Insured & tracked postage & packaging to the US by Royal Mail International Signed For is £40, as stated in the sales blurb. PM me if you're interested! :)
Pretty much exactly right!! Yes. Spot on, I'd say. Apologies for the bump, but returning to the board briefly, I thought I'd take a look at a couple of my old threads and this is so accurate, I really did laugh out loud.
Popping my head back in ever so briefly. Good to see so many familiar posters still here!   Admittedly my return is largely only because I need to sell an Ede MTM suit and a tailor's/photographers dummy in the B&S section. But figured it would be rude to just post the two sales threads and not say also hello to you all and to post a couple of recent fit pics. Apologies for the terrible photo quality in the second snap especially... but it wouldn't be a Holdfast fit pic...
One tailors/photographers dummy/mannequin   Approximately size Medium   Good but used condition.   Used it back when I was selling more on here/eBay. No longer needed. Used probably for the last time today to take the photos for my sales thread here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/497227/36s-38s-ede-ravenscroft-mtm-suit-plus-free-chinos/0_50   Great buy if you're looking to start selling men's clothing online!   £40 only, but local pickup only (Oxfordshire UK) as...
SOLD SOLD SOLD THANKS SF!     36S/38S Ede & Ravenscroft MTM suit   Dark Navy with purple tramline - 100% Wool   £250 FREE insured/tracked UK shipping   Measurements & more info below photo)         A rare chance to buy an MTM suit from one of the world's oldest tailors, in perfect condition.   Approximately a size 36S/38S, this suit is designed to transition effortlessly from office to evening out. 100% wool, from Dormeuil's Royal 12 book, the cloth has...
The more eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that I've pretty much stopped posting on SF over recent weeks, and I've reduced browsing considerably too (kind of bored with the vibe of it all mostly, plus a lot of what I've been wearing recently has been rather non-SF) but I think I'll still continue to post an occasional challenge entry should the theme interest me and I see it in time.   So here's a brown tie with a fairly acidic lemon yellow shirt. I gather that as...
 Green and blue, too good to be true? (Sadly, a syllable too many in the second half I think, but not a bad rhyme or phrase. I never did have the patience for poetry...)   Anyway, lots of blue today, by way of overreaction following my challenge fit from yesterday... 
Gonna stick this one in here, unless I think of something better later in the week...  
 I'm an inquisitive person by nature, so couldn't resist looking the etymology up (http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/burnt-orange). Burning in this case refers using a thermal calcination process to alter the colour of a pigment through burning it with lime (no, not more fruits, the mineral!). Obviously, I'm sure many modern pigments are made differently, but the name clearly stuck. Presumably, all "burnt" colours invoke the same original etymology of...
Looking forward to the weekend...