or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Green and blue, too good to be true? (Sadly, a syllable too many in the second half I think, but not a bad rhyme or phrase. I never did have the patience for poetry...)   Anyway, lots of blue today, by way of overreaction following my challenge fit from yesterday... 
Gonna stick this one in here, unless I think of something better later in the week...  
 I'm an inquisitive person by nature, so couldn't resist looking the etymology up (http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/burnt-orange). Burning in this case refers using a thermal calcination process to alter the colour of a pigment through burning it with lime (no, not more fruits, the mineral!). Obviously, I'm sure many modern pigments are made differently, but the name clearly stuck. Presumably, all "burnt" colours invoke the same original etymology of...
Looking forward to the weekend...  
Lots of rule-breaking today (navy trousers, plus light jacket on top), but I think I prefer my other entry from earlier in the week for the actual challenge, so this one just goes into this thread. This one's obviously much more on the casual side of things.  
Felt somewhat tonal today... others might say matchy.  
Patterned trousers. Not using patterned trousers is not a hard & fast faux-rule, I suppose, but it's certainly only seen rarely on SF. They also happen to be suit trousers, and wearing suit elements as separates is also rare here:     Might do a more obviously rule-breaking fit later in the week, if I have inspiration, but this will do for now.
 Best to also post the pic in the challenge thread itself, or it'll likely get overlooked as an entry. My fit today is also for the challenge. Rule-breaking by using patterned trousers in a large-scale glen plaid. Not using patterned trousers is not a hard & fast faux-rule, I suppose, but it's certainly only seen rarely in this thread. They also happen to be trousers from a suit, and wearing suit elements as separates is also rare here:  Plus, yesterday's fit. In a way I...
Spectre: Funnily enough, that was the original plan but then I ended up booking enough stuff in for work that I figured I might as well wear a tie. I don't normally wear ties with BD shirts but a knit seemed OK. But yeah, that's why the shoes & tie are a bit mismatched. Anyway...
 That's the kind of power I wield. The shoes are a bit more shapely than they seem. They always look like slippers in pics, but IRL they're regular suede loafers in a fairly sleek last. Oh well. *shrug*