or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

I have the same one. It's a true summer linen jacket. If you want something more year-round, don't get this. This one goes brilliantly with summer shades: white, cream, blues of every kind, warm colours and also some acidic/tropical shades. It's really nice. I wouldn't get it as my only jacket, but I do prefer it to my dark brown SS summer jacket (this one).
 My sincere condolences. It's a dreadful time in a man's life. Stay strong.
 True, these detract. But overall, it's still pretty good.  Co-signing that sentiment EFV. Shoe artist is bringing some genuine imagination & inventiveness to the thread, and I reckon has the chops (metaphorical & literal, it seems!) to pull them off more often than not. Which, given how outside the conventional the fits are, is quite a feat. A real breath of fresh air in the thread.
 I have this and really like it; the colour is exactly the shade of pale blue I like most.  By contrast, I found this to be a little too dark a shade of blue. Actually, it's not so much dark as it has a fraction more green in the blue than I ideally prefer. The 140/2 pale blue poplin (rather than the 120/2 one above) still up on the site also seems about right in colour, but can no longer be ordered, so I'm guessing it ran out. But I found one of the G&R end on ends to be...
 Tie is nice but pair it with earthy colours IMO.  Fun suit; might need letting out at the waist about 0.5" either side. Would balance out the wide lapels a bit more.  Personal preference IMO. They're a bit long by SF median preference but not egregious IMO. You could try them a bit shorter on one suit and if you like that, then do the others. If not, easy to let them back down.  Yeah, I mentioned the same thing about your fits a week or so back. If you're relatively...
Well, an interesting collection of outfits. A lot of unremarkable/passable fits, very few good ones, and of course some trainwrecks too. I would judge "good" as being outfits where the jeans actually added something to the overall look (compared to using normal trousers) and passable as where the jeans don't detract much but don't add anything either. The unremarkable outfits approached the contest very cautiously, probably because we recognised just how out of our normal...
I actually haven't needed to wash mine (lucky, I guess), but would give them to the dry cleaner. Mine are the heavy kind (double-sided, with a colourful print, and with a tasselled fringe) and I just don't trust myself to hand-wash them without the risk of colour-bleeding . The cleaners would probably treat them as a delicate item, in the same way they take a bit of extra care with complicated ladies dresses. If they were simpler (like a lightweight summer scarf; single...
 Just be grateful I didn't wear the navy loafers I originally planned to, as well.  A little too much blue?  I like the tie a lot. I like the idea of using the tie with a linen jacket. I really hate using the tie with that shirt. The patterns jar, as does the apparent textural contrast between the tie's smooth silk and the shirt's oxford cloth. Might I suggest poplin next time? Either a plain ecru (or maybe pale pink) or, if you want to try the high-risk strategy of loud...
   Busy for Passover, perhaps?   Still nice & sunny here; making the most of it! 
I'll let someone with more sports science knowledge chip in, but my more bog-standard physiology knowledge suggests that your pattern of exercise will likely encourage fast-twitch muscle rather than slow-twitch. In other words, my guess is that you're just cementing your anaerobic sprinting pattern. I also wonder whether your aerobic fitness generally is fairly poor. If you want to be able to run long distance, you need to start running at a slow pace (but above walking...