or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Congratulations stitchy!!  Hmm. The background shade is the colour of creme anglaise colour, if that's any help? I'd call it pale yellow, personally, although I suppose an argument could be made for calling it cream? But I feel it's a fraction too yellow to really be called that. Also the rings are yellow; sort of like freshly-made ring doughnuts. (Doughnuts & creme anglaise? Now that's a tasty tie, whatever the colour!) I'll wear a more canary shade of yellow tie...
 Oh, right, sorry. Regarding that argument, I do think there's a lot of seasonality in colours. Some shades work better in specific seasons due to both the nature of the colour itself (some shades thrive in sunshine and look drab in lowlight) and the sociocultural assocations it's built up over the years. However, it's a massive & unwarranted step to then say that you shouldn't wear certain colours in certain seasons. It's more that you need to be aware of the impact of...
 I did have a more interesting fit in mind, but it didn't work with that tie. And since I rediscovered it, I wanted to wear it. I might do the more interesting yellow tie fit tomorrow instead.
Yellow Tie for teh Friday Challenge. In truth, I forgot I owned this tie. I bought it some months ago, with the intention of wearing it once the weather brightened, and forgot all about it. It was only through the search for a (different) yellow tie today that I rediscovered it. So sugarbutch, for picking this theme, I salute you!  
Yellow Tie for teh Friday Challenge. In truth, I forgot I owned this tie. I bought it some months ago, with the intention of wearing it once the weather brightened, and forgot all about it. It was only through the search for a (different) yellow tie today that I rediscovered it. So sugarbutch, for picking this theme, I salute you!  
 Since when did we raise the bar that high?!
Good theme. Will try to come up with something interesting later this week.
Stitchy rocking the hat! Did have a list of comments on various outfits posted recently but had to leave the computer and come back later and didn't realise that closing the browser would wipe them. So, brevity instead!   Casual today:  
 Split was necessary given the volume of traffic/membership, but a shame anyway. I post everything in this thread, but my style doesn't go all the way through to SWD (I like it in the abstract but it's not my lifestyle) so it makes sense to do so even when I wear denim. If I wanted to be like stitchy or gdl and genuinely wore two different kinds of outfit depending on what I was doing that day, then I would use the SWD forum for that stuff.  I read Mark Forsyth's very...
 Not that particular circuitous route, but I had a package a couple of weeks ago travel from India to the UK, then when it was about 100 miles from me, it decided to go to the USA, move around there for a couple of days, and then come back to the UK and me. Courier companies move in mysterious ways...  just think of it as your shirts getting a fun world tour in first, before settling down with you.