or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

yup, you can. While I'd certainly prefer it if you did one this week, as I said upthread, if there's an older one that you feel really sums you up, then go for it. I did mention something about it being within the last couple of months or so, but given seasonal shifts, I guess I can't really argue against an A/W instead of S/S pic either. Call me a pushover! I have to say, I'm truly delighted so many are metaphorically letting their hair down and showing us sartorial...
Floral day...  
Guys, just to make my life easy, if you post multiple fits for discussion, please also make it crystal clear as to which you want me to use in the poll. I'm only going to select one image from each of you for the shortlist summary.   Also, re: how people vote... Well, that's entirely up to them. They might decide the challenge concept is silly, and simply vote for the fit they like most. Or they might go totally the other way and pick an outfit that they think best...
I better participate in my own challenge!     Vaguely 80s-ish, tamed slightly with some more classic touches, and with a much improved fit from what I used to wear... but still a bit flashy! And of course, black shoes with a navy suit!!
Friday Challenge x-post:  
Re: time constraint. I think you have the most chance of showing us a fit that demonstrates a peak awareness of your style if it's recent, given that style does evolve a bit over time, if only slowly. So, ideally, it should be from this week. Plus, it's just plain more fun to use the challenges as inspiration to put something together rather than just trawl through the archives. (However, if that's well & truly genuinely impractical, shall we say something from within the...
NEW FRIDAY CHALLENGE IS UP:   You at your You-iest!   (Have fun, and thanks for your votes on the last one)
Simple challenge this week. But simultaneously very difficult. I'm full of fake paradoxes like that. Think of me as a cut-price Yoda.   So here it is:   You at your You-iest   You're on Styleforum, so you're interested in style. You probably like having (or developing) a personal style. But have you really found one that works? Let's see the fit that sums you up the best: the intersection between how you see yourself, how you'd like others to see you, and all that...
 I do. Sort of. It's something easy enough for almost anyone to submit an entry, even if they're pretty new to SF. It's also very difficult at the same time (if the aim is to get votes), if you do it honestly. Just have to think a bit about how to phrase it right and then I'll get a thread up.  EDIT: new challenge is up!!
In the pink (shirt):