or Connect

Posts by Nantucket Red

Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Yes, I have this acquisitive desire to accessorize whatever habits I have. I'd expect Tokyo to have a grand collection of vintage lighters in precious metals, and maybe other things like cases, holders, etc. I wonder if they have some of the Dunhill by Namiki smoking stuff. In fact, I think given the way you dress, it would be stylish to have something vaguely anachronistic like a holder. Some of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fade to Black well once you become an experienced smoker, the Monte 4 becomes a crap cigar...ha ha. Just like I couldn't go back to drinking VSOP Cognacs once I got a bottle of Delamain Pale & Dry and started tasting the actual grape in the finish. Speaking of Cognacs, years ago I smoked a very long-lasting cigar (probably something on the order of a Churchill) and was able to try several different cognacs during...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing So what lovely accessories do you cigar smokers own? Anyone use a cigar holder? I knew it was only a matter of time before you chimed in with a post like this. Vintage LK. You would love some of the vintage lighters available here. Lots of Dunhills and Aspreys in karat gold.
Thanks, everybody. Fade to Black, you've really gone above and beyond the call of duty here. As Matt mentioned, I live in Tokyo, and Cubans are available in abundance. Every cigar mentioned here, with the possible exception of the ELs, is readily available. Now I have some idea where to start here. I think the Sancho Panza Bellicosos and Bolivar Bellicosos Finos look like they would make an instructive comparison, being the same vitola but different strengths. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad No plastic, only glass. Smart man.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad Lol. Well, if I ever break my bong I'll try that approach. Is it plastic? If so, clean it with rubbing alcohol. It makes the plastic brittle, and it will probably break before you're done cleaning it. Then, it's a trip to the head shop and the world's your oyster!
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I've seen lots of married guys' horribly decorated houses, and the culprit is usually their wife. So, all the married guys with horribly decorated houses are married to the same wife? Therein lies the problem.
I'm just starting to learn about cigars, and after a search of all the cigar threads, found this one the most informative. My question to experienced smokers is: What cigars would you recommend for a novice to get acquainted with the spectrum of strengths and flavors? Equally importantly, which ones would you avoid?
Some of that bar's offerings: http://www.leconnaisseur.jp/CL04/category.php?lc=1
There are plenty of cigar bars in Tokyo too. http://www.leconnaisseur.jp/top.html