or Connect

Posts by Nantucket Red

Went from a dreary, rainy morning here in Tokyo to a gloriously sunny day before noon. Among other things.
Thanks, Thomas. This is just the sort of thing Her Blondeness would wheedle her way into and I'd go gigglingly along for the ride (see avatar pic). Word on the street so far is chauffered rickshaw, figuratively. Any restaurant recommendations? Hey, Shanghai SFers, come out of the woodwork here!
Planning on going to the Shanghai Grand Prix next month and would appreciate any and all related information that might help us optimize our time and get the most enjoyment out of race weekend with the least hassle. And as elegantly as possible. Tentatively staying a the Westin on the Bund. What's the best way to get from the hotel to the race course on race day?
Quote: Originally Posted by em36 Pearls will be more expensive than in Beijing, so skip. Indeed. Restrain any impulse you may feel to purchase your own pearls.
Wool naturally sheds water, unlike cotton, which absorbs it. This is why wool has traditionally been used.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rosenberg Clean chest high surf with an empty lineup The stuff dreams are made of! I'm envious.
She bought me a sailboat for my birthday!! . . . For 6 hours. . . . With cherries on top.
This has got to be the ultimate anniversary gift.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant Uh... wut? AF type "¢ Contrast detect AF modes "¢ 1-point "¢ 1-point high speed "¢ 11-point "¢ 11-point high speed "¢ Spot "¢ Face detection AF assist lamp Yes AF/MF Focus Mode Chose between AutoFocus (with minimum focus limited to 60cm), AF Macro (minimum focus of 30cm) and Manual Focus. Leica M9 Read & learn. Comparing a camera with autofocus (X-1) to one with which...