or Connect

Posts by Nantucket Red

Sunday afternoon, went to hanami (getting drunk under the pretense of cherry blossom viewing) organized by a female friend I hadn't seen in a long time and who wanted to know chapter and verse about Her Blondeness. I was meeting Globetrotter and Ratboy later on, and my friend suggested a suitable izakaya in Shinjuku and asked to join us. Meanwhile, I waited for Globetrotter in the Hilton lounge with champagne on order. It came with strawberries (the Japanese are...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing This does if for me; gorgeously bleak.
Quote: Originally Posted by phoenixrecon anyone know of a color film that's more saturated and pastel looking? or is that achieved through the development process? Ektar. I now shoot only Kodachrome. 2010 is the last year.
So you'll be staying in Shinjuku, then? Where?
Epic thread. Will stay aloft on its own.
Easter is April 4th this year.
Would definitely be up for it, Zach. It'll be great to see you again. Anything in particular in mind?
Douglas, thanks again and will do. Good to know about the heavenly beds. Looking forward to that. Too bad about the Bund being closed off, but for a first time trip it will be a fun adventure regardless.
Thanks for your helpful advice! Jodum - This is actually more about she and I spending some precious time together than about the GP. We'll have a good time regardless of how boring it is, believe me. And this will be our first of many GPs around the world, no doubt. trafficjam - About how long will it take given typical traffic conditions? I've been told elsewhere that it's about an hour. Not worried about the tickets. Douglas - Just the kind of advice we need...
She's a veteran of GPs, so I'm sure she knows exactly how fucking boring they are. Shanghai will be a new adventure for us. Advice on what else to do and what to see would be appreciated. Restaurant recommendations are also welcome, particularly authentic Shanghai cuisine.