Posts by ThunderMarch

Gosh, I must say I do not have experience with those lasts you mentioned.In terms of length, I think 7.5 sounds about correct but I am not sure about the width if your feet are narrow. Have you tried Antonio's sizing calculator?
 It's actually pretty close. In fact, Antonio himself recommended the chestnut pin grain as the one most matching the color we chose. The final make up will not be one of high contrast. The degree of color (and even textureal) contrast will be quite subtle. 
This is a pair of Anthony Cleverley Churchills. Lazyman wingtip oxfords. Completely BNIB. Size UK 8.5 Fits TTS. In Antiqued Whiskey Calf. The mottling is quite pronounced. Comes with box and shoe bags but no trees. My first time selling something here. So I'm not sure how much shipping will cost but I think 50ish USD to the US.
You sound like a 9F.
Gentlemen, good news. Things are now ahead of schedule. The GMTO is now ready and has gone live: https://www.meccarielloshoes.it/product/made-to-order-group-special/ By now, all of you who have expressed interest would have received a discount code from me. This link will stay live for 3 weeks. And will then close, for production to start. Production time will be about 18 to 20 weeks. If anyone else would like to participate, please feel free to drop me a message. As...
Thanks for taking the time to explain DW.It seems like you've found a pretty unique combination of felt and paste, that is probably even better than what the "old boys" did!Kudos to you.
Sure, added!
Full payment.The contrast is fairly subtle. I've included pictures of the pin grain and the color of the uppers.In terms of clicking, the hastatus is "functionally" a wholecut. The leather at the toe, vamp and right up to the heel, is one continuous piece.Likewise, the decanus balmoral is also more expensive, for the exact same reason.I believe Antonio consciously selects parts of the hide that are unblemished and are as far as possible, without vein markings for each...
Yes, sorry about that.
@bloodyj13   The GMTO hasn't launched yet. I've set things in motion early so participants and interested parties have time to think and consider it, and also to allow time for Antonio to set up the webpage for the MTO. Estimated launch date will be approx April 1. I will send each individual a discount code to use by that time (Antonio will need time to set this up as well).  I'll write your name down too.    Thanks for your interest!