or Connect

Posts by Coal_Mining_Polak

Brown flannel, truly buttery-soft and woven in an underrated hue. Chalkstripes make a good thing even better.
Wow, here's a 1940's(?)-era Tweed that's truly a relic. A myriad colors woven into a pale green background, anchoring a bright red windowpane. The "flecks" in the fabric are woven within, giving it a unique texture. It also has the typical-of-the-era 1/4 skeleton lining! The armholes are surprisingly high; it's a drape-cut 36 or slim 38. I can't recognize the Union tag, it doesn't appear to be ACWA.
That checked number would be much more palatable with slimmer lapels. I lol'd at your photo, Orgetorix. Summer may be fading in the US of A, but this jacket is still happenin'. A true patchwork, alternating panels of madras and chambray! It's even cut in a timeless Ivy/Trad fashion.
That suit from 1948 has transcended fashion; it still looks timeless!
This jacket defines "What the hell happened to them?" 100% silk with a nubby hand, tons of wicked cool details throughout. Full canvas, made in the USA! 38 Regular
My new favorite Polo shirt of all time. It clobbers Brioni, Loro Piana, and Zegna that I've come across. 100% Buttery Sea Island Cotton from the Golden Era of Brooks! Elegant saddle stitching and mother-of-pearl buttons make it even better. It's for sale this week...
Dated 1958 triple patch pocket number, done in a nubby/fuzzy wool. Deep red with a sort of black windowpane.
That workwear stuff is incredible. The entire nation of Japan will be fighting over each piece.
Those Charvet shoes are beautiful, but that leather looks bone-dry. Feel free to condition them!
...would you?