or Connect

Posts by Dmax

Quote: Originally Posted by j Isn't that the point? It still beat one and almost matched the other (on this test). Very impressive engine specs. 355HP/350TQ out of a 3.5L that gets 17/25MPG in an AWD, and doesn't require premium gas. I didn't mean to imply the MKS is a bad car. It's not. It's a great car for the money and is technologically equal to the European competition. My problem is not with the car but with this so-called showdown. ...
What a publicity stunt. If they wanted to give this "showdown" any degree of credibility they would not have done it at 12,000 feet where low density air puts the naturally aspirated cars at a disadvantage. They should have done this closer to sea level on a real track using a couple different drivers. Not suggesting that many owners of midsize luxury sedans take their cars to a track but it would have been better representation of each car's performance potential than...
These are shell cordovan, no?
Looks like Flor de Alba 500 in yellow sycamore. That's a great looking humidor.
You mean the union members don't deserve a "living" wage? It must be difficult to find good people to roll the grand pianos around.
Quote: Originally Posted by j Wow, trouble in WA: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...Bills/6396.pdf Thankfully, the bill is not likely to even get out of the committee; according to Seattle Times ( http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...uncontrol.html ).
Sorry. It's been sold to a local buyer. Didn't want to bump my thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by greg_atlanta I've heard bacteria actually thrives on plastic cutting boards, while wood has more natural resistance to nasties. It appears wood actually absorbs bacteria through capillary action which makes them less likely to contaminate other things cut on the same board later. Plastic doesn't absorb the bacteria but is easier to clean as long as it does not have substantial gouges that bacteria can collect...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel Eventually, trade it in for an Audi A6. Hey Ed, did you figure out the vibration issue? I'm wondering if it was the wheel or the tires... Quote: Originally Posted by matt22616 A6 thoughts? Drivetrain? Daddys got a 2.7T that is fucking retarded fun to drive. Don't really know too much about the newer engine options though. The new supercharged 3.0 V6 (I don't know why they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Working Stiff What is a good material for cutting boards? I need a new one. Maple is the golden standard. Walnut, cherry, mahagony and some other hard woods are also good. End grain construction is superior to edge grain. Big timers should look here: The Boardsmith . Small timers and average timers should check out some butcher block makers on Ebay. I like wood for veggies and other ready-to-eat stuff. For...