or Connect

Posts by Dmax

Quote: Originally Posted by otc No but I have worked in multiple car dealerships...Usually they will happily sell cars all day to any idiot who will walk in and pay exactly the price they printed in their ad (sure, they might push add-ons or a nicer model, but if the car in the ad is still on the lot, they will give it to you). Most people with any negotiating skill will talk that price down. Apparently it is different with leasing...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson What could your state or federal representatives possibly do? Put pressure on the Parks Department to have the fence removed. Just because they don't serve on a local government body they still get involved with the local issues. A year ago we received a letter from our congressmen saying how he was fighting for us by putting pressure on the DOT to fix a storm drain next to my neighbor's...
A stupid restaurant close to a boardwalk has bribed and cronied their way into putting a fence in a middle one of the few off-the-street bike paths we have to "prevent accidents". The bike path is part of the NYC Greenway and is in a middle of a city park. The stupid bastards weren't contempt with having their customer's cars vallet parked in a middle of a bike path and now they have split the longest bike path we have right in half (tm iammatt). The parks...
Given a budget of $75 for two bottles, I would recommend a German Riesling or Riesling Kabinet and a "real french" Champagne. Maybe even a Rose Champagne if you are trying to impress a lady. Both wines have broad appeal to people who don't drink wine all the time and go well with hot weather. The only challenge would be to keep them chilled.
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Just picked this up and drove it the 900 miles home. I will say this. It. Is. STIFF. Congrats Huntsman. That's a great looking car and not something you see everyday. I guess it's a manual since they all came that way, AFAIK.
How about some salt packed anchovies, which keep forever. Also consider salt packed capers. If you cook asian dishes, besides the already mentioned soy sauce, you can also buy hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, and fish sauce (nam pla). I also like to keep a bottle of roasted nut oil, like walnut, for salads. I try to keep more delicate oils in the fridge to make them last longer.
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y ... Also, the 328, with the NA version of the 3L I6, also does the limping thing. No idea what's going on there... --Andre This is a surprise. I believe the limp mode problems on N54 equipped 335/535 cars were mostly caused by High Pressure Fuel Pump failures, often repeated failures. I haven't heard of these type of issues with 328 (N51/N52 engine), which don't share the same HPFP unit, AFAIK. Consumer...
According to this page ,you may get two points on your NJ record. If you are approaching a license suspension threshold you may want to speak to an attorney who specializes in traffic tickets.
The real dealer auctions, like Manheim, are best for finding 3-4 year old or younger cars outside of OPs price point of $6K. These are usually sold under "green light", meaning no major issues, often by the financial arm of the manufacturer (Ford Credit, BMFS, etc.) A lot of these cars are lease returns or corporate use cars. I bought a couple of cars this way a few years ago. Buying older cars at dealer's auctions you need to know what you are doing or have the...
Quote: Originally Posted by af1snaikboi Thank you, Im a bit weary about trusting craigslist, but hope I can find someone around me that knows what they are doing. Another suggestion to find cars besides Craiglist and Autotrader, is to browse Ebay Motors within a certain radius to find cars that you think you may like and in your price range. You don't have to bid on them right away or at all but you can contact the seller to go see the car in...