or Connect

Posts by Dmax

Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy Non-native resolutions look bad on LCDs. Try adjusting the mouse speed in the mouse control panel in addition to the Logitec controls. I have a Razer which has 20 sensitivity settings. I'm at 7.5 for daily use on a 22" 1680x1050. You can also lift the mouse to move it further, rather than moving your hand. This /\\ . Non native resolutions tend to look worse on LCD monitors. 23" is not too big. In a...
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 I get a kick out of seeing a shit economy tire like that on a nice car. That's an easy way to identify people stretching to afford a car for the image. Who else would neglect and economize on the most important part of the car and therefore compromise the safety of themselves and their passengers? Could you please provide a comprehensive list of "shit economy tires" for us less informed folks so we could...
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Falken? Honestly. Dude. You don't like it, the Falken?
I buy Morcilla from Despana in NYC often. It's great sliced and pan fried for a couple of minutes and served drizzled with olive oil and pimenton. I also make a version of Asturian bean stew with it. Despana specializes in Spanish foods but a lot of their sausages are made in Queens, though they are still good to very good and different than stuff you can get elsewhere. Some Polish delicatessens, like Eagle Provisions in Park Slope, also sell a tasty version of...
Quote: Originally Posted by ksteryous Just got on this thread, so I missed what kind of car you're getting, but I am also shopping around and thinking of leasing, and just starting to learn about the money factor. .00124 seems pretty awesome, did you have to negotiate that, and does it differ from place to place? I'm shopping around for a BMW 328i, and trying to get all my ducks in a row before I go in. Here are the BMW Fiancial Service Lease...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Finished lease negotiations today. I'm very happy. .... So I got it at 2k under invoice, with a .00124 money factor. I'm pretty fucking pleased Best news, vehicle was built ahead of schedule and is being shipped now. There's an off chance I might get it Saturday. Looks like you got a great deal. Enjoy your new ride.
I have some from Lustau, which is a big sherry producer. It's pretty decent. I prefer sweet Spanish vinegar made from Pedro Ximenez grapes to the sherry one for most things. I have this one from Despana and it's very good. If Whole Foods does not carry any Spanish vinegars you can mail order from Despana or Latienda.
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 A 335 and a 328 are completely different cars. We are not talking about a car to drive, not own for the "sake of owning." Right. What are the differences besides the engine, exhaust and larger front brakes and standard wheels on 335?
Quote: Originally Posted by leftover_salmon The financial benefit is that I can afford $400-500/month payments and not $800-1000/month payments. And like I said, the downpayment is a gift. I guess you have a unique situation. Looks like BMW.ca is charging 2.5 %lease interest on 3-series which is pretty good. Current US lease rates are between 5-6% and there is a $2500 rebate on 335. I don't think the rebate applies in Canada though. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by leftover_salmon Leasing. Downpayment is a gift and I'll be making the lease payments. Things may be different in Canada, but in US there is usually no financial benefit to put a down payment on a lease unless there a specific manufacturer sponsored promotion that requires one. In some states in US BMW allows you to put down multiple security deposits to lower your lease interest rate (aka "the money factor"). ...