or Connect

Posts by edmorel

Based on your wardrobe (and if you stay around here long enough you'l probably wind up changing items like the brown pinstripe sportcoat and the black cord sportcoat), I would suggest getting the brown as the first choice and one of the two rusts as a second choice.The raw silk ties were made by a different maker and I had those made to 3.5 inches. Not sure which cashmere you mean but it would probably have been sold as 3 3/8. I don't recall ever doing 8cm cashmere ties...
How is your madder project coming along or has that been shelved?
dieworkwear made a post about it but basically ancient madder dye was extracted from specific plants in a manner which has been considered environmentally damaging and no longer done. So a true, historical ancient madder silk is no longer made. Ancient madder ties are still made though, using synthetic methods (I'm paraphrasing here from dieworkwear). So if you are looking for a new ancient madder tie made with silk dyed the old way, they are no longer made. If you are...
I didn't take it that way and you bring up a valid point. In the thread and the MassDrop site, they are described as I would describe them (madder and challis like) but the titles do say Madder which is misleading. After the ancient thirst fiasco, I want to make sure that people know what they are getting.
@brillopad A poster n another thread brought up a correct point. These are not "ancient madder" ties and shouldn't be sold as such. I described them as madder like and think that is appropriate.
well, I don't know that "ancient madder" and ink jet printing are exclusive (I'm not an expert on the matter). Ancient madder refers the the dyes which are used and the ties are typically printed on a gum twill silk, when screen printed the color go through the silk. There are cheap silks made this way as there are expensive silks made this way (same thing for ink jet). You'll find the likes of Kiton, Borrelli etc use these silks (and alot more that "hide it" by self...
Here is how three of the swatches on offer will look as ties:
A tie or two in a particular fabric is not really possible and I don't have plans on offering these ties again, at least not until fall/winter 2016.
This is a MassDrop deal, I have no say in what gets made or not. Brillopad will have to be the one to tell you whether anything can be added at this point. Since the deal reached the 74.99 price point, I have a few of the blue ties in the Massdrop ad on my site and I just dropped them to 74.99 in sympathy with this offer. But its only a few ties and I have nothing else in any of these swatches.
I ordered a sample Frakno Norweger (9.5 though) in a scotch grain and I forget what kind of welt but leather sole to see how it comes out and it will be one of my fall offerings. Not sure the final order will be in scotch grain though, I like your bison idea.