Posts by edmorel

You can get a donegal like effect without the speckling if you go the birdseye route from one of the jacketing books where they are done in wool or wool/cashmere blends. The other benefit is that most donegal tends to be firm with a dry finish and a wool/cashmere blend will be softer, assuming you want soft. If you prefer tweeds, then a dionegal is the way to go and there are solids, typically grey, brown or blue. I am sure the Porter and Harding books has some as does...
Sherrytweed I find slightly less coarse than Harris Tweed, not by much though. For a brown herringbone I would probably suggest this, its brown with a slight rust undertone in the herringbone (and the green one above it ain't bad either): This is a rust herringbone with brown undertones: Sherrycash is mostly a wool/cashmere blend book so its softer, more luxe feeling. It has a light brown heringbone which is similat to what you can find in many books: It does...
Some new fabrics for sale and some lower prices on some stuff that I've posted before: Holland and Sherry Cream moleskins, they are both called "cream" but as you can see one is lighter than the other. The lighter color one is 14 1/2 oz and the other is 20oz. Both 100% cotton, very smooth, soft nap. $50/yd Holland and Sherry 100% super 130's wool "heritage plaid". Blue checks with sand color overcheck. As you can imagine with super 130's, terrific drape and super...
The other one that is silly but slightly better is the show where people want to live off the grid and get a house in some isolated area of Alaska. I get wanting to live off the grid and catching/hunting your own food but why in the hell would you want to have to use an outhouse in 10 below zero weather? The one luxury I could never give up is a warm, comfortable, well lit, bathroom. There is nothing in the heavily populated cities that would want me to go somewhere...
As a general rule of thumb, if your significant other cuts a fart in the "bedroom" and 1.5 seconds later it hits you in the "kitchen", your house/apartment is too small and the relationship is doomed.
Subjectively, 3 button peak is only slightly better than 4 button notch. Peaks ideal configuration is 1 button and 2 is fine. Also subjectively, the puckering at the lapel edges is overwrought, I am assuming it's purposely stitched that tight to get the puckering but that's a situation where less is more. Objectively, the collar is pretty bad, the seams where it attaches to the lapels are pretty messy, again I'm assuming for a desire to show that it's hanstitched.
The older gentleman has an easy going elegance, the guy with the hat in the first pic, that suit is a disaster.
I was in S.Carolina/North Carolina/Virginia a few weeks back and I ate strawberries (and peaches) from roadside stands that were a uppercut to the balls. Just knocked me out flavorwise, have never had anything remotely close from the farmers mkts/whole foods/boutique grocers ever. Its like what I was eating as strawberries all my life was one big lie.
I didn't "get it" (I'm a meat and potatoes guy) but its reasonably priced. One word of warning, the owner is Canadian Its the culinary equivalent of going to a Hong Kong tailor and getting a Hunstman, Cifonelli and Rubinacci styled suit made.
A direct answer to your question (without knowing much about what you are looking for), I would not get that suit/style. A single vent suit with 5 buttonholes on the sleeve is not what I would consider classic (the single vent is, although very much out of favor right now, the 5 buttons are just too much). If you are simply looking for a 2 button notch lapel suit with relatively strong shoulders and a slim cut, yes you can get that made for you for $2500.BTW, I was not...