or Connect

Posts by edmorel

that bike/tires are for snow/sand only, not pavement. Kind of like driving a Mercedes G Wagon in city streets, which obviously no one does.
I can be described the same way
Funny you mention Mikan as he was one of the early proponents of the 3.the highest scoring game in NBA history (290pts in regulation, 370 points after 3OT's) had 2 three point shots made.http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198312130DEN.html
There was a time when there was no 3 point line in the NBA. There was no clogging in the middle or parking out by the 3 point line, people moved the ball, drove, ran pick and rolls and give and go's, shot mid range jumpers etc. Games were exciting, stars still existed as did role players. I think players today could adjust but the stats geels/orginizations would lose their shit. As for Love/Thompson, Love is a better player but is he a better player for GSW? All these...
What is your policy on teacher-stichy touching
I'll take the opposite view on the 3 point line, I think the league shuold just get rid of it. The line (and the advanced stats) have created this one dimensional "stretch" whatever players that do nothing but stand behind the line. Everytime I see a player get ready to shoot, look down, take a step or two back to get behind the line and then shoot, I want to punch them. "but the long two is so inefficient..." Shut up D'Antoni. Force players from middle school on up to...
Beginning of that game, Dick Vitale says something to the effect of if Princeton wins he'll join the Princeton cheerleading team and wear a tutu. At halftime, the score is like 24-25 and they go to the studio. Vitale is sitting there shocked and his co-host deadpans "Princeton cheerleading team called and asked what size tutu you wear"
That's good to know but I would be very afraid of trading starters for Love. He has zero playoff experience. He has a season on his watch where Minnesota got 16 wins for the season and recent history tells you that players that demand their current teams trade them or let them know they won't sign with them (Howard with Magic, Melo with Denver), well, it hasn't gone so great with them. To me, I put Melo and Love in the same tier. Guys that can score the ball but not...
Yeah and what you lose with Martin vs. Thompson offensively you gain from Love vs. Lee but I just don't think you change a 50+ team win that drastically, particularly when its not really addressing anything. Teams need time to mold, to learn to play together. A new coach, 2 new starters, that's a lot of change. I'd rather give this team at least another year, fill out the bench better, bring in some defense with some small trades. Its like with Houston trying to get...
I think statistically its fair but as you said, not only would it not make them contenders but I would posit that it would make them worse than last season's team. I don't watch GSW much but it doesn't seem that offense is their issue but rather defense so you don't gain anything on that front with Love and you lose defense by going from Thompson to Martin. Then there is the issue of Curry being used to playing (very well) with Thompson and now having to learn to play...