or Connect

Posts by edmorel

^^ here is where I beat a dead horse.................... Again, that information is useful but the author writes with such an authoritative tone yet this is an incomplete picture. What were the shooting %'s of the players that take the corner 3's versus those that take the long 2's? What sets/plays are more typical to be run that leads to a corner 3 versus a long 2? Hoe many long 2's are broken plays/end of clock shots versus set plays for long 2's? Same questions for...
The Jets would kill to have him back.
You obviously aren't talking about Karl Malone so I assume you mean Brendan Malone.
in terms of your first question, just look at bball blogs/columns etc. ESPN has a computer which predicts team records strictly based on analytics. I mentioned on a knicks blog that bargnani could be a valuable member of a triangle offense due to his midrange game and immediately the first response was, "he sucks as a stretch 4 and if you are a 7 footer and can't shoot threes, you have no place in the league" One of the local papers mentioned that Shane Larkin's 3rd...
You like that shit, don't youI'm going to say that San Antonio's success over the last 15 years has more to do with Tim Duncan than probably anyone else.
One of the biggest issues I have with advanced stats and the people that use them (and not all of them fall into this category) is that they either don't know the game that well or don't watch a lot of it but simply look at stats and determine whether player A is this or that. A basketball team is a very complex ecosystem, where the action of each player effects his teammates performance moreso than any other team sport. Nothing happens in a vacuum and to simply state...
Well it's not whether the triangle works or not, it definitely works, it's how well the Knicks team take to the implementation of it. The pieces are there in terms of players but it's a system that requires all 5 players thinking 1-2 plays ahead and that takes a lot of time/experience to master and run it cohesively. There will be some awful games but if the players put the time in, it's a beautiful thing to watch
the two prior possessions, they came up empty, I think two shot clock violations (although one possession feature Prigioni directly under the basket, wide open, and he kicks the ball out). Running the triangle, or any system, does not mean that you adhere to it for every single play. How many end of game contested jumpers did Jordan take in the Triangle? The Triangle is meant to facilitate everyone on the floor, the Knicks had more assists yesterday then in any game...
oh, I get it. Its a Melo isolation (he did that maybe 2-3 times all game) which goes against the triangle system that the Knicks are supposedly running. Funny stuff. The Melo shot was a baseline jumper from about 12-14 feet, not sure how that is a bad shot, the Cavs were all hanging around the paint in case he drove. Obviously a wide open shot would be better.
I don't understand how with the vast shift to natural/organic things, figging has not had a big revival among the current generation