or Connect

Posts by edmorel

You are being obtuse. Of course 9/11 was a horrible event and most of the perpetrators were Saudi, but what did we do the Saudi Arabia post 9/11 with Bush in the WH? You really think that we haven't punished Saudi Arabia due to Bush's incompetence or Obama's allegiance to Islam? You act like there is no relationship between the US and Saudi Arabia and while we may hate it, it doesn't take a hard long look to realize that we pretty much defend Saudi Arabia come hell or...
America has worshipped the Saudis for at least the past 3-4 Administrations. There are obviously multiple reasons for this, from oil to what we want to believe is a stabilizing force in the Mideast but to act like any US Administration in recent memory hasn't kowtowed to the Saudis is a bit silly.
The question I would have liked to hear her asked as she came out of the Chelsea's apartment would have been, "Hillary, how can Chelsea afford to own a $10mln apartment when she's never had a real job and her husband's hedge fund went belly up? "
Subjectively, 3 button peak is only slightly better than 4 button notch. Peaks ideal configuration is 1 button and 2 is fine. Also subjectively, the puckering at the lapel edges is overwrought, I am assuming it's purposely stitched that tight to get the puckering but that's a situation where less is more. Objectively, the collar is pretty bad, the seams where it attaches to the lapels are pretty messy, again I'm assuming for a desire to show that it's hanstitched.
The older gentleman has an easy going elegance, the guy with the hat in the first pic, that suit is a disaster.
I was in S.Carolina/North Carolina/Virginia a few weeks back and I ate strawberries (and peaches) from roadside stands that were a uppercut to the balls. Just knocked me out flavorwise, have never had anything remotely close from the farmers mkts/whole foods/boutique grocers ever. Its like what I was eating as strawberries all my life was one big lie.
I didn't "get it" (I'm a meat and potatoes guy) but its reasonably priced. One word of warning, the owner is Canadian Its the culinary equivalent of going to a Hong Kong tailor and getting a Hunstman, Cifonelli and Rubinacci styled suit made.
A direct answer to your question (without knowing much about what you are looking for), I would not get that suit/style. A single vent suit with 5 buttonholes on the sleeve is not what I would consider classic (the single vent is, although very much out of favor right now, the 5 buttons are just too much). If you are simply looking for a 2 button notch lapel suit with relatively strong shoulders and a slim cut, yes you can get that made for you for $2500.BTW, I was not...
I have a long rambling answer to your question, which will not include specific names of tailors but will hopefully tell you how to narrow down your list of prospective RTW brands or tailors that would be right for you. But its long and rambling in my head, so let me make it concise on paper and then I'll post it here.
If you can afford Tom Ford or Bergdorf at 40% off, you can afford to have suits made for you.