or Connect

Posts by edmorel

Here are some pics. Basically, all swatches are "straight" so you need to rotate them 45 degrees. So generally, a swatch that has a diagonal design will make up as a straight patterned tie and vice versa.
If you think that is a lot for a guy to pay for a UFO, you should see what some guys are willing to pay for Uranus.
Size 34 sample wool pant still available, price is now $169
Probably Manton. Couldn't deal with the heat/humidity today.
Some clearance items for sale. All new and unworn MTO order that was not picked up, medium weight khaki cotton flat front pants. Zip fly, two back pockets, unlined. $149 (SOLD) Waist - 35 Front Rise - 11 1 /4 Back Rise - 16 1/2 Seat - 41 Unhemmed Inseam- 38 Leg opening - 8 3/4 Green medium weight cotton flat front pants. Button fly, one back pocket (right side). Unlined. $129 SOLD Waist - 32 Front Rise - 10 1/4 Back Rise- 15 1/2 Seat - 37 1/2 Unhemmed Inseam -...
Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. The bottom is the fabric swatch. The top is the fabric as a tie (fabric cut on bias).
I think Capelli probably misunderstood the question. Both of my tie makers cut at 45 degrees, I know nothing of tie making but my Italian maker has been around forever and makes for their own high dollar brand and others.Here is Drakes cutting at 45 degrees:http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/feb/06/make-a-silk-tieAnd if you go to Sam Hober's site, it's the same thing. I've never seen a tie not cut at 45 degrees.
All patterns are "straight" but cut diagonally. The tie and the swatch are one in the same.
Here is the H&S Crispaire in solid and some houndstooth, all 9/10oz and also a 7 1/2 oz fabric from their Dakota book. If you guys want the H&S, I can handle the logistics of ordering/shipping etc.
Monkeyface and others here have touched on a few issues that affect not only SVB, but many. I'll start of by saying that the worse dresser on SF still dresses better than 95% of the population and if SVB wore either of those outfits in "real life" he would not get a single negative comment and in the big picture, there is nothing wrong with either outfit but if you are here on SF, then we are going to get into the things that matter to the 5%. Part of the issue here is...