or Connect

Posts by jeg

I'm a long time lurker on this forum, and now I am clearing out my closet and am putting some of my things up for sale. In this listing I am selling a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo wingtips in size 10D. They are three-hole bluchers. Beautiful construction and detail. I put a cat's paw and heel taps on these shoes. There is a small amount of wear on the tips that you can see in the photos. There is also a minor scuff on the right side heel. Always put away with shoe...
I weighed each of the 3 sections of fabric: Navy Windowpane - 2 3/8 lbs (about 1.1 kg) Grey Pinstripe - 1 5/8 lbs (.75 kg) Black - 2 1/8 lbs (.95 kg) Jon
Apologies for being a bit thick - when you are referring to the weight, do you just want me to weigh the entire section of cloth, or are you looking for a weight per a given length? Jon
I'm a long time lurker on this forum, and now I am clearing out my closet and am putting some of my things up for sale. In this post I have three remnant sections of Loro Piana cloth that I picked up with the intention of doing CMT suits. I never got around to the suits, so maybe this cloth can find a good home. Because all three are remnants, the short edges are slightly frayed (they were not pinked). They may have a pinhole here and there (I didn't see any when I...
I am looking to pick up a couple new suits, and I would love some guidance from the more experienced members of the forum. I currently wear mostly Isaia in a 38R, and I prefer a trim fit (5'11", 160lbs). Their base S is a bit loose for me - I like the silhouette of their more tapered cuts or something like a Paul Smith, but not ridiculously slim - and with a soft Neapolitan shoulder like my Isaias have and a high arm hole. I have picked up all of my Isaias at the...
While I'm new to this board, I've gone to the Barneys NY warehouse sale for the last 11 years (yup, half my closet comes from there). A couple of notes from my experience: - Show up when it first opens. The really good stuff disappears quickly. Last year, I picked up a gorgeous wool flannel Lanvin suit $2500 down to 899 (handmade, not fused - quality definitely on par with my Isaias) when I walked in at 8AM on the first day. I am also a 38R, so there is rarely any...