or Connect

Posts by jeg

I'll be in Naples next Thursday through Saturday, and I'd love to find a shirtmaker who can work with my admittedly tight schedule. I've spent the last two hours looking through posts here and in other places, and I haven't yet nailed down what I'm looking for. My shirts right now are mostly from Jantzen. I'd definitely like to step up in quality, but I'm not looking to pay prices around what Anna Matuozzo charges. I don't need a hand-made shirt - but I would like a...
I have too many ties, and I need to thin the herd. All have been worn less than 10 times and are in immaculate shape. No pulls, snags or stains. The ties are listed from left to right in the photograph: - Brioni repp-style striped blue and red tie - $75 $60 This is a sample piece made for Barneys, so it is rare. - Isaia repp-style brown and aqua striped tie - $50 $40 The aqua stripes are more towards a green shade than a blue - Ermenegildo Zegna repp-style gold tie...
No problem at all - it is fully canvassed. Jon
Glad to hear it - thanks for an easy transaction!
How does the sizing run? Also, how much were these worn?
Definitely agree with GBR. As long as you are mindful of practical considerations (wool flannel in summer probably isn't a lot of fun) and don't make very obvious choices that even those who are not stylistically inclined may see as strange (i.e. seersucker in winter), I say go for it.
Where do you live that there is slush throughout the fall and winter? To me, a lot depends on what outfit you're wearing (jeans, suit, etc.) and what particular item is brightly colored. I live in NYC, and while I won't be wearing seersucker and spectator shoes in January, I always like dressing up a darker suit with a brighter shirt and tie combination (and matching socks, of course). That said, I also believe that there is a difference between shades of colors. This...
I'm looking to refresh my shirt collection, so I wanted to appeal to the collective experience of this board when it comes to designing my next shirts. A couple of things to mention (apologies for the bullets - I spend most of my work in PowerPoint). I am 5'10" and 160lbs; I'm a cyclist, so my upper body is pretty slim. I'm a 38 in a suit. I've gotten my shirts from Jantzen (about a dozen) and have been very satisfied given the price; I plan to order my next shirts...
The shoes look a little red for my tastes, but that could be my monitor. Also, the back of the shoes look a little gimmicky with the label - but again, I like simplicity. Personally, I like a brown shoe with a navy or a grey suit over a black shoe - even if the navy suit is pretty dark. IMHO, wearing a good brown shoe shows more style than a black one.
I'm a long time lurker on this forum, and now I am clearing out my closet and am putting some of my things up for sale. Specifically, I just got my first W. W. Chan, and now I am trying to raise the dough for another one. I will fold carefully. Shipping is $8 in the US (USPS priority mail). International buyers please e-mail me with your address for pricing. I will also do pick-up in NYC. I have two jackets for sale here: Brioni 2-button Charcoal Wool jacket – brand new...