or Connect

Posts by aportnoy

I am fairly long legged so my sense is my torso is smaller but I can't say I've ever measured or would even know how!
No worries, you can ask me anything.I do wear a higher rise, braced trouser so the length is not an issue. FWIW, Geneva cuts their shirts quite similarly to Inglese so for me, it was an easy and natural transition.
Interesting thoughts on the fit of the Inglese shirts. I am by no means slight and am fairly broad and square-shouldered and the Inglese size 15.75 shirt fits me wonderfully. They are trim but not aggressively so.
Inglese and Calabrese in the wild...
Despos-made DB in charcoal H&S Victory flannel Inglese burgundy stripe shirt Calabrese wool tie Carmina full brogues
Despos-made DB in charcoal H&S Victory flannel Inglese burgundy stripe shirt Calabrese wool tie Carmina full brogues
Too late, I fear.
A mid to dark brown suede cap toe with that combo would be primo!
Looks great Stichy! Not one who would pair a derby with a suit, even a sleek one such as yours...but a minor transgression at best.
You make good points but none that I was disputing in my original post. Sure there were (and continue to be) a bunch pissed off, maltreated Ambrosi customers. I'm not pretending that isn't the case. My basic premise is that similar stories (perhaps based on different grudges or forms of mistreatment) exist with just about every small traveling tailor (and many of the big houses, for that matter) that I can name. Doesn't make what Salvatore did right, but IMHO it's not...