or Connect

Posts by aportnoy

Stichy...beautiful combo and I think the shoes are perfectly appropriate for it. One thing I would throw out there which is not aimed at you but more of a general thought is that mid-grey trousers are also a wonderful option. I know the forum has taken a hard turn for light grey and they are great, but mid-grey offers an anchor and depth of color/mottling that is, IMHO, quite appealing.
I believe those are Chambord IIs in dark brown suede which are currently available at the Lobb store for $678!!
Pretty lousy photo skills for sure!
The shirt is a micro pinstripe in a taupe/grey shade.
Despos-made Air Force blue Minnis flannel suit Truzzi shirt Kiton tie Ralph Lauren challis pocket square
Despos-made Air Force blue Minnis flannel suit Truzzi shirt Kiton tie Ralph Lauren challis pocket square
Thanks for the kind words Rudals and Stichy! I am also relegated to conservative suits for the work week so I know where you are coming from. Sounds like the shirt should be saved for weekend wear and then you could pair it with just about any type of sweater or odd jacket combo.
Exactly what I do Trini. I was able to rescue a pair of cream colored cords that way a few weeks back.
Rudals...I have experienced equal difficulty in pairing glen plaid shirts with suits but have found them to be great with odd jackets. Try pairing it with a tweed (nothing too bold patterned) with complementary coloring and and flannels with a contrasting (with constraint) knit tie and I think you will be happier.
A small price to pay to comfortably wear what is an excellent suit.