or Connect

Posts by aportnoy

Nice cloth Matt...Bring on the 20oz tweeds!!
I think you're right about that...It's a days-gone-by thing at least based on what I've seen in London on my latest visits. It's probably also perpetuated by the fondness for boldness of many English RTW makers like Paul Smith, Bowtang and even Turnbull, to a certain extent.
Let me start with the disclaimer that just because the Italians or Brits do it, it doesn't make it in good taste. Good, glad that's out of the way! That said, my experience has been that Brits favor the bold, tweedy patterns for their odd jackets that are most relished on this board while Italians (particularly Milanese) favor much more subdued checks and plaids in smoother cloths paired with grey (often charcoal, perish the thought) trousers. I'm not sure one is better...
Many thanks!!
Am I misremembering or didn't people go ga-ga over a similar cloth from London Lounge that was used for odd jackets? Be kind if I am wrong, I just turned 50 and might be suffering the attending symptoms of my advanced years.
Hey. Gnatty...great to see you back. !
Agreed! Have them in a few colors including burgundy shell which is killer.
The cloths I went with can be used as a two piece or you can definitely wear the coat as a stand alone odd jacket and probably get away with the bottoms as odd trousers too.
I have two Allsport suits that were form the first round of the Solito/Ambrosi partnership. They are great but are heavy as can be and only for the chilliest of days. Very cool cloth though!
Thanks Trini and Clag! (will definitely take a look and let you know)