or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

For a second there, I thought that was some new piece of wrist bling that the newspaper style pages were pushing...
I would say that they're more forgiving: you can add an extra hole on the straps, if need be!
It means in Darwin, no one dresses fancy, unless they're trying to look respectable enough to keep themselves out of jail...
I will never forget my first hearing in Darwin. Turned up in usual gear: RAF blue suit, as I recall, pocket square and the rest, and took my place at the Bar table (Commonwealth prosecutors having seniority in the Territory). The magistrate (possibly the chief magistrate, in fact) walks in, we bow, all the rest of it. And she says "Mr [False Prophet], you can take your coat off. Before someone mistakes you for a defendant..."
^^^ love some loafer on suit action. Not game to do it myself, but I love it. Also, nice to see a tie of a solid width (9.5cm?)...
Sadly that jacket has no buttonhole on the lapel, and egregiously ugly machine stitching along the lapels...
I found that I needed to get around in Japan with a paper map and an electronic map, and constantly compare the two. Google Maps can sometimes be tricky to reconcile with what's actually on the ground.So anyway...what does Tailor Caid charge for a MTM suit? Edit: actually, trolling aside:http://www.tailorcaid.com/order.html
Makes you look like a complete Brewongle.
MJB has just opened in Brisbane. Try as I might, I couldn't get into any of it. Not only the skinny lapels, but closed front quarters - the opposite of everything good about their early stuff (which pretty well just mimicked the HB Osaka cut). I was interested in some of the unstructured cotton DBs they did last summer - sadly there was only one, and it was green, and had ugly machined stitching on the lapels...
^^^awesome. Is that an angled shoulder seam I see?