or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I believe that most unis offer a straight LL.B. However, because the dozen or so core subjects are designed to be spread over three years at the rate of 2 per semester, doing a straight full-time degree either means taking electives, or advanced core subjects, right from the beginning. I know some older students who have done this, but it would be pretty demanding for a 17 year old, in terms both of content and workload. I did Arts/Law, and would have gone quite mad if I...
^^^this.OP, please forgive my tone if I seemed unkind. I was trying to kill this discussion before it got started. But yes...let's let it die!In other news, how about that heat, Brisbane?
I'm not sure you 'qualify' as a tailor, per se. But to my knowledge, PJT take measurements, advise on cuts and fabrics, and arrange alterations to the finished suits. Bloody lovely suits, at that.
One could argue that the meaning of the word to the average punter has changed and broadened (misogyny, anyone?), but in any case, I have not heard of (and cannot imagine) anyone who does know the difference being actually misled.Spend a few minutes on their website, and it is clear that they neither personally cut patterns, nor is there a tailor stitching coats out back (because if we're standing on ceremony here, technically you are only even a tailor if you are the...
American Tailors has Thurstons, a nice selection too. Or it was 6 months ago, at least.
So, how does the K last compare for instep height?
Wearing braces for the first time today. Very pleasant although I sewed the buttons onto my trousers slightly unevenly. I am wearing one of my fuller shirts, and the way that it billows and folds around the forks of the braces is a little irritating, but darts would solve this I think.
Was this easy to do? I can see the language barrier potentially making it a bit confusing....
I ha the impression that they're already made up, yes. Either customer returns or maybe even overstocks from retailers or something like that. But it was a couple of wonky pics on the website that got me worried. Will post links when I'm on a computer instead of phone.
The grey windowpane MJB sportscoat is really, really nice. It's $599, and only 2 button, and I'd probably prefer three patch pockets instead of two, but otherwise (yeah, I know) it's pretty perfect: good quality cloth, half lining, nicely finished, no stupid gimmicks (okay, navy fabric elbow patches, but you can replace those).