or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Tried the F on yesterday, and while the double monk accommodates my absurdly high instep, I struggled to even get my foot into oxfords. Went up a half size, and was swimming in space, especially across my toes. Go figure.
They're all of 3990 yen here in Tokyo, I was a little worried in the quality though. JM, I know you have some: how do they last?Other option is some Okinawa-made sugarcanes in 14.5oz denim. They cost a little more...
Thanks again! Check your PMs
Thanks very much! I am excited and a little scared. Do I recall that people line up from the early hours of the morning? What time should I come, if I would actually like to get in? Edit: I had a good look at Spigola after your earlier post, thank you. I think that I could probably afford it now, but you mentioned that there was a price hike due which would probably put it beyond my range for the future, alas.
Nutcracker, would you be so kind as to advise whether there have been additions to the list that you posted previously? I have Vass in mind, in particular. I am staying in Shinjuku, but foolishly lost track of the days and thought the sale was a few days away yet! So I shall be the Gaijin in the blue cable-knit sweater, do say hi if you spot me.
It's a kilt pin, I think? I remember some YSL cape/coat thingies with same...
I have quite a few that I bought years ago, and in general I find that they run a little large - the XS fits on me a little larger than a Polo RL size S in Custom Fit, if that helps?
I'm flying to Tokyo on Saturday, and I'm pretty keen to try out Ring Jacket MTM, as the winter fabrics currently available aren't especially appropriate for Australia. Has anyone tried MTM, and if so, how did you go? The price seems to be right! Also, if any Tokyoites want to get a beer over the next couple of weeks...
Oops didn't actually quote the thing I was replying to, but, apropos the Filson discussion: Each of eastdane.com and revolveclothing.com offer free shipping to Australia. http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=FILS-MY18&row=0&column=1&c=Filson&d=b http://www.eastdane.com/original-briefcase-filson/vp/v=1/1537182408.htm?folderID=20501&colorId=12560 Not sure how well those prices compare. I was eyeing off a zippered tote bag, although I am going to try...
Thanks David. I've talked to Conrad about getting RTW Ring Jacket, didn't know he'd gone MTM...