or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

New boots! United Arrows, suede with a Vibram and leather sole (still a little stiff to drive in, to be honest). EDIT: picture now actually able to be seen...
On the topic of long sleeve polos/knit shirts, I bought one of these at Haneda airport without trying on: http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_842.html It's size S and just a little too tight for my post-holiday gut. Liberate it from my clutches for $50 shipped, if you care to...
Excellent. Next question, is that 620EUR with or without VAT? If I can deduct VAT from that, it's an absurdly good deal. If not, it's still an absurdly good deal...
Is it possible to avoid VAT on that if they're exported?
Thanks Romp and JM. It's a suit I'm eying off, in navy with brownish stripes. Absolute stunner but would only get worn half of the year in Brisbane, which I suppose would assist its lifespan...
Going out on a limb here, but does anyone have any experience of Loro Piana 'Wish' 170s flannel? It looks nice, but at a guess it will be fragile (LP's stock in trade?)...
I mean, I tried a larger pair on for size. Did not buy. I suppose that a wide fitting is the answer but I of course cannot get that off the shelf.
Tried the F on yesterday, and while the double monk accommodates my absurdly high instep, I struggled to even get my foot into oxfords. Went up a half size, and was swimming in space, especially across my toes. Go figure.
They're all of 3990 yen here in Tokyo, I was a little worried in the quality though. JM, I know you have some: how do they last?Other option is some Okinawa-made sugarcanes in 14.5oz denim. They cost a little more...
Thanks again! Check your PMs