or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

So not Saturday as previously advised
Not exclusively for that reason, but yes, it was one of my primary reasons for being here. The economics of Suit Shop break down if I have to spend another $500 to come back...
Would have thought so, but apparently they're full today. I emailed at the start of the week, didn't get a response so chased up yesterday, phone call saying that they'd organize something today, and then nothing further til I was told no luck. As it was one of my primary reasons for coming down, I'm a bit miffed...
Was meant to open today, but they don't have the keys, and Matt is too busy at PJ to come and fit me. Devastated doesn't even begin to describe my feeling...
Hey Romp, I don't suppose you have te address of Melbourne Suit Shop? Matt and I keep missing each other's calls, and I'm on Bouke St now...
Thanks for your advice Wurger.I'm speaking from the small sample that I've tried on, so I could well have fallen victim to the notorious variability of Vass. I really hope so, as I do like their stuff, and I like the price even better.Likewise, my comments on comfort are based on the initial try-on: I haven't worn either for any real period of time.A possibility has occurred to me that explains why I was underwhelmed by the instep on Vass. The F last did accommodate my...
Double Monk has heaps in stock. Their pricing is fair - only Skoaktiebolaget is cheaper online, unless you can get something on sale (and black Oxfords are seldom on sale).And your night sounds highly promising Thanks Cox!The 202 is very conservative, as is the 82 for that matter, but the latter is somewhat sleeker.Not as sleek as the Vass F last, which was previously on top of my list, but even that doesn't do up properly over my foot.I know that Vass is meant to be on...
Thanks gents. I think that they'd be an investment in my sanity: finding shoes that accomodate my absurd instep and aren't too clunky has proven nearly impossible. I seemed to have packed one shirt too few, so I'm wearing a linen blazer over a white polo tonight. Hopefully looking more Pitti Uomo than NCIS...
I've had a lovely few days in Melbourne, in spite of the sometimes frustrating weather. We packed for warmish late summer days, and got 35 one day and cold winds the rest of the time. The GF (that's the girlfriend, not Geoffrey Firmin, to be clear) scored a beautiful leather jacket from Bisonte and some dresses; I've had to be content thus far with Japanese glass wear, a few tins of polish, and some hard-to-find craft beers. Which brings me to the million dollar (well,...