or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

One could argue that the meaning of the word to the average punter has changed and broadened (misogyny, anyone?), but in any case, I have not heard of (and cannot imagine) anyone who does know the difference being actually misled.Spend a few minutes on their website, and it is clear that they neither personally cut patterns, nor is there a tailor stitching coats out back (because if we're standing on ceremony here, technically you are only even a tailor if you are the...
American Tailors has Thurstons, a nice selection too. Or it was 6 months ago, at least.
So, how does the K last compare for instep height?
Wearing braces for the first time today. Very pleasant although I sewed the buttons onto my trousers slightly unevenly. I am wearing one of my fuller shirts, and the way that it billows and folds around the forks of the braces is a little irritating, but darts would solve this I think.
Was this easy to do? I can see the language barrier potentially making it a bit confusing....
I ha the impression that they're already made up, yes. Either customer returns or maybe even overstocks from retailers or something like that. But it was a couple of wonky pics on the website that got me worried. Will post links when I'm on a computer instead of phone.
The grey windowpane MJB sportscoat is really, really nice. It's $599, and only 2 button, and I'd probably prefer three patch pockets instead of two, but otherwise (yeah, I know) it's pretty perfect: good quality cloth, half lining, nicely finished, no stupid gimmicks (okay, navy fabric elbow patches, but you can replace those).
35 Euro, I believe. So maybe around $50? Just quietly, can anyone confirm whether the 'Outlet' ties are seconds? On some of the pictures, it looks as if there could be a printing error in the silk. Although it may simply be bad photography, I didn't notice this in the non-Outlet offerings.
Speaking of recolouring shoes (as we were a page or two ago), can anyone recommend a brand for touching up black shoes around the heel and cap where the colour has been slightly worn/stripped out over the years? I know that Saphir does one called Juvacuir, but I couldn't find it in Japan and would rather avoid the hassle of mail order. I think I've seen a Waproo product around the place. I've had cobblers retouch shoes of mine (without asking!) when I've taken them in for...
At risk of asking a question already answered, we know that U and F are high, but is U any higher than F, perchance?