or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

It's from Frida Giannini's first Gucci collection, in fact it was the opening look. It's slightly less terrifying in context...
The Brisbane R&B concession is also replete with "talent", I find. I felt that the regular fit was a little big for me, not just in the body (which can easily be darted), but also the upper arms, and even the cuffs were a bit looser. The collar is glorious, and were they to introduce an MTM program, I would be very interested. The other thing that strikes me is that they really need to focus on doing broadcloth/voile, and less of the awful trendy "sateen" stripe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesus What jobs require french cuffs [...]? Orchestra conductor. Undertaker. Doorman. Solicitor-General of the United States. Unless black tie/white tie/morning dress is your uniform, I can't imagine them to be a requirement...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Yah all gay men are pedophile pervs. Most of his clients are straight. Whoa, didn't mean to say that in any kind of homophobic way. I was just repeating some discussion when that ad came out, in fact. I don't know if you've seen the spot, but it was a bit OTT for the mass market, IMHO. Given that the D&G magazine ads have unequivocal gay overtones, and are intentionally aimed at that market...
I picked up the above shirt at 25% off at Myer today - so $120. I don't think that amount is too much really, maybe I *could* have gotten more for the money on, say, eBay, but the fit would almost certainly have been worse (the 37cm collar and short arms in particular work well for me!). I don't overly like the look of their ties - the salesman made a perfunctory attempt to "upsell" me on one, but I was unfussed. I also tried the jacket of one of their suits - it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Is Thom Browne gay? Just wondering. Yes, I read it in an interview somewhere, and it may explain the fascination with bare legs and schoolboys. Judging by the ridiculously homoerotic advertising film, I take it he thinks that a substantial proportion of his target market is too...
Although a "fashion" watch, I really like the styling on the Hermes Arceau: Incidentally, mad props for the Mies reference
I'm curious as to what fellow Antipodean members think of this brand. To my knowledge, it's mostly owned by the brothers who run Harrolds, and has taken over the Harrolds Shirt retail spaces. However, the quality seems to be better, and I get the impression (from their marketing etc) that they are trying to be a direct competitor to Herringbone. Prices are about AUD$160, so cheaper than Herringbone, who are, it must be said, exorbitant (since moving their manufacture to...
Aren't tweeds, Fair Isle sweaters, and indeed Brogues (I think) traditionally Scottish, not Irish?
My standard interview suit is a two-button charcoal Z Zegna. Hasn't raised too many eyebrows yet...