or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Member with 5 posts slagging off member with 1,111 (hey!) FTW... Actually, under the circumstances the former's user name is rather ironic.
Wear shoes or boots with proper heels, not sneakers. Adds an inch of heel, plus maybe another two from making you stand up straight. Go to the gym, cos short and skinny beats short and round, but short and buff nails 'em both. And make up for what's left with dress and personality. Worked for Fred Astaire...
I saw The Jam, sans Weller, play the other night. Their outfits looked NOTHING like the supposedly mod-influenced designs of today...
Okay, I work out at home, being lucky enough to have inherited a decent set of equipment from my old man. However, I'm thinking of branching out in the future as I'm getting toward the point of outgrowing my current rig, and if I do, I'll probably rock plain grey tshirts from some relatively cheap purveyor (Bonds etc). White shows too many marks, black fades when washed and I'll be wanting to machine wash this stuff frequently I gather. Shorts probably cotton too rather...
Thanks Whacked! I did find the link to the new one but it had virtually no content so I assumed that wasn't what I'd been hunting for! Cheers, FP
Hi all, Sorry to generate another thread, but I am struggling to find something even after a good deal of searching. The other day, there was a post suggeting that if people were dissatisfied with T-Mag etc, and interested in a site with more scientific discussion of diet/exercise, they should check out X. I can't remember what X was, nor can I find the thread other than to say it was something quite recent, as I was reading it last week and it was on page one...
A lounge suit! Seriously, whatever you feel comfortable in. I go anywhere from black blazer/tieless shirt/dry denim to a tshirt/boots/jacket (usually Helmut Lang) according to the tone of the evening and more importantly, the company.
Has a certain gravitas...
A blast of paisley under a good jacket can look pretty good, but it's too much without. Same goes for most patterned cloths IMHO that aren't stripes - which have the more streamlined, slimming effect...
The website header is "Kilgour - International Luxury Goods and Tailoring". Does this indicate the order of their priorities, I wonder?