or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Howard's knot was pretty appalling I thought, and the pocket square was close enough to matching to be classed as such. I've encountered Kevin in the flesh and found him quite well dressed, and taller than I expected, though he makes the common mistake of people who appear on television of wearing quite heavily padded shoulders, which tend to make you look very square (no pun intended)...
They seem to have adopted the pretentious RL habit of naming their various cuts/products: "the Clive", "the Livingstone" etc. Also, if Cole is supposed to be Paul Stuart's son, why the different last name? Could it be that he's "wayward" because he nicked off to Canada and married another man..?
Quote: Originally Posted by Harrydog Did you say that's EG on the left? Cos I have an absolutely IDENTICAL pair of Santoni FAMs. Creepy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Will Or every man in Australia except SATOR. And me! Last summer I wore coat and tie every single (working) day of summer, even when the temperatures were pushing 40 degrees celsius. I think that there is scope for a rolled-sleeves and tie aesthetic, but it's more of a fashion-forward look, you need fitted shirts, smaller collars and ties that are a bit thinner (3" say, any more looks costumey), and (here's the...
Sydney is what I meant! My understanding is that Edwards is about $250-300, but that could be yet another piece of confusion on my part...(ie, remembering the wrong man)
Quote: Originally Posted by Balthazar Which Charles are you referring to? Oddly, I believe there are three referred to in this thread prior to your post. I'm hoping you're not referring to Nahkle as he's received high praise from Sator so I was hoping to pay him a visit some time. I assume he means the Melburnian Edwards, as he then recommends the Melburnian American Tailors... And also it's a thread about Edwards! And finally,...
I've noticed references to Charles Edwards in a couple of other places in Crossley St, which is the location I'm thinking of. I'm sure the window said "De Mille", however. There was another fellow a few spaces up, a nice old Italian bespoke tailor called Charles Maimone, and he said the man I sought after was on holidays. Maimone looked to make a good suit, for about $3000, and was an affable gent. As for Pelligrini's, maybe I went on a bad day. Just calling it like I see...
Yeah, I went there for a meal because I was told it was iconic. It was nearly inedible. Shame, as it was a cool little spot. I'm in Melbourne soon, so looks like it'll be Nakhle after all!!
There's a fellow called Charles De Mille in a laneway near American Tailors (same lane as Flower Drum maybe? Has that old school Italian place that serves awful lasagne on the corner). I wanted to visit when last I was in town, alas he too was on holidays...
I don't know about other fabrics, but the most disturbing thing about poly-blends, for me, is the way they sort of flow over your waistband, rather than creasing and sitting just so...