or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

A blast of paisley under a good jacket can look pretty good, but it's too much without. Same goes for most patterned cloths IMHO that aren't stripes - which have the more streamlined, slimming effect...
The website header is "Kilgour - International Luxury Goods and Tailoring". Does this indicate the order of their priorities, I wonder?
I'm just about to pick up my first "serious" piece of suiting, a Borrelli soft 3 button in French navy with reddish-bronze pinstripes, and if there was one thing that would heighten my excitement, its reading this excellent article. One thing that's always puzzled me though: Borrelli use such fantastic materials for everything, but their suit buttons are decidedly mediocre, and actually look a bit plasticky. No matter, as I'll replace them, but it still seems strange!
Champion mate! And from a new member too. I have been obsessing about it for days...i was on the verge of taking my laptop into the record store to ask.
I was watching some of the runway videos on the YSL website, and fell in love with a song, which I simply don't know the name of (Googling the lyrics yields no assistance). If anyone knows, I'd be eternally grateful. The website is: http://www.ysl.com/INT/en/index.aspx You need to click on Collections>Men>RTW>Spring-Summer 2008 Cheers in advance, Eden
I have a pair of tan sock Santoni FAMs nearly identical to those RL in design, a slightly more chisel-ly toe, square buckles, and a warmer colour overall getting darker toward the toes. Quite a sight to behold but they can tend to overwhelm outfits...
If you're wearing dry denim, anything in tan will stain a bit - they seem to think it's pretty rad over at SuFu, but I think it looks retarded. And yeah, agreed that there's no "appropriately professional" colour. Just don't carry an LV monogram and you'll be sweet...
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbond I have a pair of bright orange cotton Borrelli's and a pair of linen RLPL's. There both perfect with brown shoes, white or light blue dress shirt and a navy sportcoat or seersucker. +1. Basically exactly what I was going to say but substitute powder blue for seersucker. Suede shoes are great, tan shoes are great, brogues or monks in either are better still...
As I've insisted on a few prior occasions, black has always been correct daywear at least for barristers, the field into which I am tentatively entering. One upon a time you'd have seen black jacket and waistcoat with solid or striped grey trousers, now I understand this is considered a bit gauche at least for juniors, and black all over is common. The alternative is to wear charcoal and change into a "bar-jacket" which is like a waistcoat with sleeves, used in some...
I think espresso black is very tasty - French press comes out a little watery. I take it with a dash of milk, just to break it up. It shouldn't interfere with the taste really too much...