or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I know someone who has a few Kilgour Shanghai-suits. I was not tremendously impressed, I took them for Paul Smith London at first blush - machine-made buttonholes (keyhole on the lapel, no less!) were the biggest thing that astounded me.
If ever I get negative remarks, I'll just say that I get cold in the airconditioning and hence wear suit and tie. It's completely true, and is the reason I seldom take my coat off in the office...
Whether going from 3 to 5-6 meals makes a positive difference or not, there is no suggestion that it makes a negative difference. Ergo, it's worth a try, to err on the side of caution. My view on it, however, as well as anything else you do is, do it in a manner that you're confident you can stick with. I'd rather do a 90 min workout than my 45 minute workout. However, I know that if I tried to do that everyday, it would get difficult and start to piss me off. So I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire And just for RJ, my wife's cat. For perspective, the hobb is 22 inches from the floor. Nice antiquing on that cat's tail...
Yes, in fact I suspect it did. Just when I thought I was losing the plot...I remember that there was a shot of one of those coats inside somewhere (Al Bazar?), with a comment on how much it cost. So even if I got the other remark from M. Fan, they were still definitely in the thread...
Right you are River, I must have conflated that remark in my mind with pictures of them elsewhere... Still not sure where that "elsewhere" is! Maybe I'm imagining this all...
Nope. It was quite specifically styled as an overview of current style in Naples - not centred on any one brand or maker. I've been through all the posts here for the last several weeks and can't find it, so I suspect it's an external source.
Nope, big fan of Matt's work (no pun intended) but I'm looking for something else!
Not long ago (last week?) I saw a great photoessay from someone's recent trip to Naples (or somewhere it Italy, Naples makes sense). I can't for the life of me think of where it was, may have been a forum thread, but I feel like it was probably a blog post. The one particular identifying feature I remember is that the poster remarked on a sort of short cloth overcoat that was worn over a suit, noting that it seemed like every second guy in Italy had one. Muchos...
Go back wit' your Hispanic homeboys and light the place up, yo... (Yes, that WAS sarcasm)