Posts by The False Prophet

Usually black but coming around to charcoal grey. White doesn't stay white, black doesn't always stay black...grey is always grey though.
Some of the Graf von Faber-Castells with wood bodies are quite handsome, I don't know how hard/durable they are...
Doesn't Bateman answer this question in the (book version of) American Psycho?
Can anyone recommend a source for this sort of "modern" looking paisley: That one's Zegna, but the silk on it is really not particularly good. I'm keen on the bold black lines and the stripped back look of the design, however...
That sounds worrying. See, my concern is that the cure is worse than disease almost...it will be a pyrrhic victory if the cloth is so worn or faded from the cleaning that the suit is unwearable for that reason. Thanks for the input though!
Neyus, you are a bad man...
Gentlemen, A tragedy befell me this morning, an unmarked patch of paint on the pavement led to my tripping, injuring myself and getting oil-based paint on my suit, shoes and briefcase. I did my best to remove same, to insufficient avail, and expect that I shall be compensated by the insurers of the owner of the building for their negligence. Am I right in thinking there is no prospect at all of removing this mark from wool, and little of getting it off leather,...
I bought one a while ago, ridiculously long coat but otherwise a decent fit and seemed like nice quality and construction. However, after drycleaning, it's looking like crap, the fabric wore very poorly and the fusing hasn't come out well either. I'd give it a miss.
I've seen a few change hands lately. If anyone's bored of their acquisition, I'd be dead keen to take it off your hands. Particularly this one: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=58474 Or for that matter, something similar by Borrelli, Isaia, etc...but it was that that grabbed my attention. Cheers, FP
I have owned a black suit for several years. It probably straddles the business/after hours divide, being peak-lapel, one button and quite a fine cloth. While I don't have any problem wearing it, and indeed they're a reasonably common sight in my profession for quasi-historical reasons (law), I'm just not enjoying it much anymore, as it restricts the range of shirts and ties I can wear, leading to the same handful of combinations. I'm toying, therefore, with the idea...