or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I'm just about to pick up my first "serious" piece of suiting, a Borrelli soft 3 button in French navy with reddish-bronze pinstripes, and if there was one thing that would heighten my excitement, its reading this excellent article. One thing that's always puzzled me though: Borrelli use such fantastic materials for everything, but their suit buttons are decidedly mediocre, and actually look a bit plasticky. No matter, as I'll replace them, but it still seems strange!
Champion mate! And from a new member too. I have been obsessing about it for days...i was on the verge of taking my laptop into the record store to ask.
I was watching some of the runway videos on the YSL website, and fell in love with a song, which I simply don't know the name of (Googling the lyrics yields no assistance). If anyone knows, I'd be eternally grateful. The website is: http://www.ysl.com/INT/en/index.aspx You need to click on Collections>Men>RTW>Spring-Summer 2008 Cheers in advance, Eden
I have a pair of tan sock Santoni FAMs nearly identical to those RL in design, a slightly more chisel-ly toe, square buckles, and a warmer colour overall getting darker toward the toes. Quite a sight to behold but they can tend to overwhelm outfits...
If you're wearing dry denim, anything in tan will stain a bit - they seem to think it's pretty rad over at SuFu, but I think it looks retarded. And yeah, agreed that there's no "appropriately professional" colour. Just don't carry an LV monogram and you'll be sweet...
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbond I have a pair of bright orange cotton Borrelli's and a pair of linen RLPL's. There both perfect with brown shoes, white or light blue dress shirt and a navy sportcoat or seersucker. +1. Basically exactly what I was going to say but substitute powder blue for seersucker. Suede shoes are great, tan shoes are great, brogues or monks in either are better still...
As I've insisted on a few prior occasions, black has always been correct daywear at least for barristers, the field into which I am tentatively entering. One upon a time you'd have seen black jacket and waistcoat with solid or striped grey trousers, now I understand this is considered a bit gauche at least for juniors, and black all over is common. The alternative is to wear charcoal and change into a "bar-jacket" which is like a waistcoat with sleeves, used in some...
I think espresso black is very tasty - French press comes out a little watery. I take it with a dash of milk, just to break it up. It shouldn't interfere with the taste really too much...
As someone pointed out earlier, there's the risk of an exclusion/limitation clause in the contract. I know the law in England/Australia is that such a clause won't operate unless specifically brought to your attention, for this very reason. Can't speak for the U.S. law however. The other thing is, how important is their reputation to them, and are there avenues for you to "go public" (other than on SF) if you're not given satisfaction? I hate to play hardball, but in...
Looks like a scan from some Japanese magazine with an unfortunately homoerotic name (Fineboys, Men's Non-No, etc...)