or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I ha the impression that they're already made up, yes. Either customer returns or maybe even overstocks from retailers or something like that. But it was a couple of wonky pics on the website that got me worried. Will post links when I'm on a computer instead of phone.
The grey windowpane MJB sportscoat is really, really nice. It's $599, and only 2 button, and I'd probably prefer three patch pockets instead of two, but otherwise (yeah, I know) it's pretty perfect: good quality cloth, half lining, nicely finished, no stupid gimmicks (okay, navy fabric elbow patches, but you can replace those).
35 Euro, I believe. So maybe around $50? Just quietly, can anyone confirm whether the 'Outlet' ties are seconds? On some of the pictures, it looks as if there could be a printing error in the silk. Although it may simply be bad photography, I didn't notice this in the non-Outlet offerings.
Speaking of recolouring shoes (as we were a page or two ago), can anyone recommend a brand for touching up black shoes around the heel and cap where the colour has been slightly worn/stripped out over the years? I know that Saphir does one called Juvacuir, but I couldn't find it in Japan and would rather avoid the hassle of mail order. I think I've seen a Waproo product around the place. I've had cobblers retouch shoes of mine (without asking!) when I've taken them in for...
At risk of asking a question already answered, we know that U and F are high, but is U any higher than F, perchance?
Euphemism?
I believe Cambridge made for Pierucci, and I owned at least one of those back in the day, which was pretty nice. They also made somewhat tighter suits for Calibre at one point...
The quality is really nice. Fabrics are good without being spectacular. What did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
New boots! United Arrows, suede with a Vibram and leather sole (still a little stiff to drive in, to be honest). EDIT: picture now actually able to be seen...
On the topic of long sleeve polos/knit shirts, I bought one of these at Haneda airport without trying on: http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_842.html It's size S and just a little too tight for my post-holiday gut. Liberate it from my clutches for $50 shipped, if you care to...