or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I tie a cross between a double four and a Pratt/Albert knot, at least for silk prints. Around once and through the hole, then twice more and through again. More substantial than a double four, but less asymmetrical, within getting into Windsor territory.
Looking sharp as ever, Gerry! First day of new job today. Rain is killing my mirror shine
Yeah, it has an identity crisis: peak lapels and cloth (and even fit) as per a suit jacket, but then in brown with patch pockets. There's a decent MJB in grey with a navy windowpane this season, but it too sits and feels a bit too much like a suit jacket.
I'm sorry to hear that - it's a really shitty thing to have happen to a nice guy (I haven't met Matt obviously, but he seemed really nice on the phone). I'm not trying to have a go at anyone - you all seem like great blokes - I am simply crushed that I went interstate and didn't even manage to so much as fondle a swatch. It pretty well killed the last day of my trip too, as I was sticking around the city, waiting for the phone to ring. By the time I found out that I was...
So not Saturday as previously advised
Not exclusively for that reason, but yes, it was one of my primary reasons for being here. The economics of Suit Shop break down if I have to spend another $500 to come back...
Would have thought so, but apparently they're full today. I emailed at the start of the week, didn't get a response so chased up yesterday, phone call saying that they'd organize something today, and then nothing further til I was told no luck. As it was one of my primary reasons for coming down, I'm a bit miffed...
Was meant to open today, but they don't have the keys, and Matt is too busy at PJ to come and fit me. Devastated doesn't even begin to describe my feeling...