or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Gents, Can anyone comment on which G&G last best accommodates a high instep? FWIW I have my eye on the TG70... Thanks!
Well I've read every single post in this thread, and as far as I can see this question has yet to be asked: can anyone recommend an Oxford to accommodate feet with a very high instep? I am currently in C&J Hallams, which are all wrong for me. I've tried on AS (nope), Carmina (not a chance), and the Vass F last (much better but a bit stiff and also I find the last too round for my taste). The Edward Green Chelsea on the 82 is the best I've tried on, in terms of fit and...
I feel like Men's Ex has gotten less interesting/more mainstream of late. Maybe the change in editor? I spotted Rake Japan, it looks like a bargain at about 950yen, although I can't really read japanese so the international edition may be worthwhile at 3x the price...
Totally unseasonal sale post: would anyone like to buy a size EU48 cable-knit by Drumohr? The colour is an army green melange, 100% lambswool, round neck and ribbed cuffs. I bought it online last winter but it's a fairly long fit, and I am quite short. I wore it a handful of times but never loved it. I packed it for a trip to Japan anyway, but found a Drumohr store in Tokyo selling shorter fits for the Asian market, so it has stayed in the suitcase. Looking for $95...
I picked up five Borrelli shirts overseas (pics to follow). I can't see any basis for the suggestion that Borrelli has fallen off - there was a ton of handwork: yoke and shoulders, collar attachment, buttons and buttonholes, of course, but also both sides of the French fronts. Confusingly, some are marked as 'Royal Collection' while others aren't, but they all seem to be the same standard of finishing and cloth, although one of the Royals actually has a double row of...
Also my damn camera broke, so I have no pics to offer, even
I have to say, I was a bit underwhelmed by Isetan this time. Only a few EGs, and not much else in the prestige section at all. I did manage to load up on Borrelli shirts though, so I can't complain!
I'm in Tokyo on Friday, for a week - anyone fancy a drink and some sartorial chat?
Someone buy this E. Zegna DB from me!: The suit is new, although I had the trousers cuffed (2" deep as per forum orthodoxy). Those could be easily removed, if you prefer plain bottoms. It's a 6x2 DB, mid-weight flannel. I think it's what's called a 'worsted flannel' but don't quote me on that. Fully lined and fully canvassed. Measurements as follows: Back of coat: 28" Shoulders: 17" Sleeves: 23" (no buttonholes cut, so easy to alter) Waist: 28-29" Inseam: 31" Cuff...
I find the Aeropress a bit fiddly for my tastes. It also only makes a reasonably small quantity of coffee. If Mrs fxh or whoever wants a cup, you have to start again. I am using a Chemex, in the larger size, which makes 2-3 cups, and is pretty foolproof.