or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Thanks, Lennier! I feel like they're sleek enough to wear with a suit, if you wanna go crazy like that. Which I just might. Don't suppose you can comment on sizing?
Re socks (I'm late to the game): Marcoliani at DJs is more than $20 at full price, but I have pairs that are five years old and still going. In other news, can anyone recommend some dressy suede boots? I saw a great pair at Canali, dark brown with brown leather and dainite soles, but even on sale they were absurdly expensive. I went to RMW but they don't make theirs any more (and they were a bit chunky). Christian Kimber has some nice ones but the colours are a bit...
From today's AFR: ‘Suit yourself’ tailoring online SUE MITCHELL A respectable made-to-measure suit for less than $1000? It can still be done, say former Macquarie Bank analyst Rob Blythe and London-trained tailor Patrick Johnson. Mr Blythe and Mr Johnson are turning the rarefied world of bespoke suiting on its head by cherry-picking the strategies of power brands such as Apple and Nike and introducing technology such as computer-assisted design, cloud computing and...
Dang, wish I knew! I copped some APCs a few weeks back, in search of the 'slim, not skinny' look. Oh well...
Relatively certain I had the only pocket square in Cairns today.
Short answer: yes. Don't remove the tags, and you have to fill out some sort of customs form, but otherwise it's easy. DHL dude came to my work and got it right when he said he would...
We're partial to Burleigh: decent beach with nice bars and good restaurants, plus you can get good coffee and its neither pretentious nor touristy. Might be a bit cold at present but I think we're headed down Saturday so I'll let you know.
I've had good luck getting stains out with Coles brand dishwashing liquid...
Started Thursday, I think. Sadly, I'm a 6.5 and the smallest they carry is a 7...
I'd second these comments, and add to that 'proportion': I suspect I was an offender in my youth (and maybe more recently), wearing a properly fitting jacket with too-slim jeans, resulting in a top-heavy look.My relative lack of height means 501s aren't for me, but I have been wearing some Swedish 'Denim Demons' from Somedays, and I bought a pair of APC 'New Standards' yesterday which should do the trick, once I get them hemmed...