or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Just don't go to the Always Habit website by accident...
I recall that Sportscraft had a pretty nice model in deep brown scotch grain leather. $600 retail but inevitably available for less.Xile have some nice tan leather bags that seem to be permanently on sale, or at least the Brisbane brach does.I have a tan bag from, of all places, Saba which I bought on sale back in 2004 or thereabouts for about $200. It's modeled on the Herm├Ęs haut a courroies, and is by far the nicest thing Saba has ever made.I have always found Tess...
Wedding rings are easy. 1. Buy a $500 diamond ring from the mall. 2. Source an empty Tiffany and Co box from eBay. 3. Present it to your bride-to-be. 4. Act sheepish when asked how much it was. She will never know because THEY'RE ALL THE SAME.
Would someone like to buy a pair of Herringbone chinos? Size 30, tan/beige colour, cotton twill. They're the same ones that are in store at the moment for $300, yours for $120. I bought them and never wore them, my loss is your gain.
+1 on the brown chukkas.I've got some appallingly bright yellows Asics, which aren't stylish but are great. Go to a proper running store (ie, not Athlete's Foot), who will let you try some decent shoes on and have a run around the block, if you're lucky.
I have a dark brown two-gusset Valextra briefcase that I copped on SF about five years back. Considering a change to something new, if anyone wants it...
I have - would rather not spend $500-600 for casual shoes, alas. Also, they are quite dark, and I'd have to special order them as Double Monk has the Sydney only in black, with a dainite sole (I don't get it either).The Andy Tom drivers do look nice. I've also looked at these:http://www.frankiesshoes.com.au/They come in cool colours but the finishing isn't quite as nice as the Andy Toms. I fear that I would destroy the 'gommini' or whatever they're called if I did anything...
So I need (okay, want) some loafers for summer. I've given up on trying to find new driving shoes that aren't overpriced by at least 100% and settled on some penny loafers. Problem is, I'm keen for something on the more Italian end of the spectrum in terms of colour (light tan) and shape (almond toe, not too round). Not necessarily as sleek as this Kiton model: But along those lines. My preliminary investigation of the interwebs is yielding no obvious leads. Any ideas,...
Nikka is delicious, though I've never seen it for sale here. Yamazaki is too damn expensive in Australia, but hardly cheap in Japan either. For me, Talisker hits the sweet spot of complexity, drinkability, and price. Re Yebisu, Cru Bar bottle shop in James Street used to sell it, and quite possibly still does, along with proper Japanese Kirin. Most of the Japanese restaurants have switched to selling made in Australia Sapporo and Kirin, which may mean they're simply not...
Check yo' PMs...