or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

Wallets: I love Longchamp 'Veau Foulonné' scotch-grain leather. It's quite soft but still pretty resilient. Prices are typically crazy at Hunt Leather, less so online. Mine is about 4" square, which is a little large, but does sit pretty flat in the pocket. Socks: Navy is good, grey is good, mid-blue is good, and why not get a few colours or patterns if they take your fancy! I went through a phase of wearing exclusively colourful striped and even solid socks (coral...
Not at all, I just had no idea that it was gay pride day! Perhaps 'unwittingly' is a better word.
Went to the New Farms shops today in pink polo, and multicoloured (patch madras) shorts, thus unintentionally expressing my support for gay pride day...
In relation to the suits, could I ask a few questions, please?: 1. How are the shoulder's constructed, in terms of both padding and roping? 2. Is that a front dart running all the way down that I see? Are they all done with that detail? 3. Dare I ask about a) pricing and b) who they're made by? This is all very exciting... EDIT: I couldn't trouble you for sizing on a 36 while I'm at it, could I?
I've always liked the adjective 'pure' in front of a scientific discipline. It makes me wonder what 'impure mathematics' etc might entail. Doing equations to make your calculator spell 8008135?
Hi Oli, for my part, chinos and jeans should have a quite different fit.What brand are the chinos, and do you wear them with a crease or not? Either way, iron them how you would wear them, and have them pinned up by the seamstress (or better, an actual tailor). Make sure you move around plenty, as there is a risk you will make them too tight by going for a for that works when you're standing rigid, not walking or sitting.If you like the length and cuff width of your 501s,...
Thanks for the tip. The navy scotch grain drivers look amazing, but I shall refrain due to sizing concerns!
They were about $500 or $600 last time I was in, that was before the official 'sale' began but there were markdowns all over the shop...
Thanks for the heads-up. Frustratingly, when I emailed, there was a sale on, it now seems to be over The last pair I bought have the block rubber soles, and they have held up very nicely over about two years, although the suede itself isn't that nice and the shape is a bit ugly.Have you worn the Toms yourself? I see that the O&J webstore carries a pair in camo. The price is definitely right at $199, so long as I'm not going to destroy them!A certain Mr Wong seems to have...
I wore basically that all weekend - G. Inglese one-piece collar shirts with APC New Standards and brown tie drivers (an older pair which I'm looking to replace).+1Try David Jones, they have some by Rede (or at least they do in Brisbane) which are pretty good.I looked at Andy Tom on someone's recommendation (Nabil I think), and emailed the proprietor about a pair but never heard back. Have you seen them close up? They look lovely on the website, but I'm worried about the...