or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

I can't get into 'popovers'. For some reason they feel less formal than a polo shirt to me. Also, because they're not generally knits, don't they crumple up around the middle?
1 and 2 are probably the most classic. 2 looks a little narrow but that might just be the way they're set up...
Gerry, how's this for a red stripe: http://www.pjohnsonshop.com/collections/shirts/products/red-white-stripe-shirt Ovlov, I'm five years out of my LL.B, feel free to shoot me a PM.
I've seen some by Barba on Shop The Finest. We are probably not the same size, however, so your mileage may vary (to coin a phrase)...
Buck's sells them. I was interested, but the leather isn't especially nice.
I came across these wallets while in search of linen OTC socks (alas, in the Northern winter, they are out of stock: everything is wool): http://bergbergstore.com/leather-goods/wallets/suede-lined-vachetta-leather-wallet-toffee-chocolate.html Suede lined wallets seem a little odd to me, and I'm almost afraid that it wouldn't be sufficiently robust BUT on the other hand it would also probably be quite thin/light, so if treated well, it could work. And they are very...
I have two by G. Inglese, gonna test drive it tomorrow so I'll post a pic then. They sit well enough under a jacket worn with chinos. My BDs are all all Polo, and too baggy to put under a suit...
All this talk of white chinos makes me want to wear white chinos tomorrow, however I'm fairly certain that I don't fit into mine after winter... Speaking of summer attire, what do you think of one-piece collar shirts with a suit (no tie)? I don't half mind the idea, and I like it better than a normal shirt without a tie. I ask because a) I'm looking at going to work for a guy who's fairly anti-tie and b) I nearly died of heat exhaustion today walking ten minutes up the...
At risk of being dramatic...WHY DO YOU HATE PEOPLE WHO WEAR 36??
There's a guy in Melbourne who trades as Wootton, in Prahran. Have never visited but was reading a write-up in Monocle not five minutes ago. The examples on the website aren't quite to my taste colour wise, and some are a bit 'distressed', but they are Blake-stitched and the quality looks okay as long as decent leathers are available.