or Connect

Posts by The False Prophet

For my money, the best value Japanese denim, by far, is Japan Blue, which is made in the same factory as Momotaro. You can get them at Corlection in Melbourne...
I've heard good things about Trunk Tailors...
Sounds like the Jingumae 6-chome branch of Trading Post, which is on a nondescript stretch of Meiji Dori, nearish to where it forks off into 'Cat Street'.Some of the better TP stores (Ginza, Kitaaoyama) carry Carmina, C&J and a few Italian brands. But, seem to remember that this one is mostly house label.It was still there last time I was in Tokyo in January, and according to Google Maps, it still is...
On the topic of boots: do we think that Chelseas (elastic sides) are more or less dressy than jodhpurs (strap and buckle closure)? As its getting colder, I'm tempted to wear the latter (black, Carmina in one of the sleeker lasts) with sole of my heavier suits. Not sure if I will look like I'm trying too hard, alas...
I have a pair that are made in Spain by Leyva. Very comfortable, and they have lasted fairly well. They don't have the 'nubs' on the bottom, but rather a few rubber blocks.Although my heavy gait has worn them down in the heels, I am hopeful that my cobbler may be able to build this back up for me.Of course, they still working great for their intended purpose, namely driving sports cars very fast!
I have heard good things about Spice I Am, although I've never been...
While on the topic of shoes that people are getting rid of, I have a pair of Alfred Sargent Exclusive 'Hunt' brogues in black, size UK7, that are a touch too big for me. Have been worn a handful of times before I decided the fit was off, so they still have that new shoe smell and feel about them, more or less. Some wear to the soles, obviously. They are on the 109 last which is quite sleek and curvaceous with a generous fit but a defined waist, vaguely reminiscent of the...
Not sure about the suits (Canali appears credible) but the ties are predominately Bulgari, with the odd Hermes...
Interesting read. Also, the use of Wordpress is quaint, to say the least...
Tesla's Queensland manager lives in my building. So if any Brissie members want a test drive...