Posts by The False Prophet

Also, while I think of it, there's a bike store in Collingwood (Peel St IIRC) that has some mainline Moonstars in kids' sizes and is in the process of getting adults' sizes. Not sure what it's called but it's next to Plug Nickel coffee.
Re sneakers: The Practical Man has some 'Shoes Like Pottery' canvas pairs from Japanese brand Moonstar. The name refers to the fact that their soles are apparently fired in a kiln to vulcanise them. I've got a pair that I bought in Tokyo, and I love them. They're basically Converse done right: natural off-white canvas, comfortable, flexible soles and nicely coloured hardware. I probably paid $90 in Japan, but I think TPM wants something like $200. Which is insane,...
I had the opposite experience: medium lining ends up a bit chunky. Hangs well but doesn't knot tightly.
Dropped (very briefly) by Steve Calder's shop today: lovely fellow and nice product. Will report further when I have time to go back for a proper visit...
Depends on what you're interviewing for. Wouldn't wear for any kind of professional job interview, but if you're in something creative, sure.
Don't suppose you could give us a ballpark price for Steve's suits? I had been thinking about Trunk but I could be persuaded otherwise...
Something like this is what you want... https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm
I am cursed with an absurdly high instep, and I find the Simpson last pretty okay. I seem to recall reading that it's actually very similar to the Rain, but more tapered in the toe. By my estimate, they are a little narrower in the heel too. Assuming you get the right size/width, I think that the tapered toe is actually better for a high instep, as it means less excess leather over the forefoot which will crease up badly. Before you return those beauties, try doing the...
Thanks for the recommendations on Rekaris. I don't suppose anyone knows whether he does toe plates, perchance?
Where from?!?EDIT: wait, these from Leatherfoot?:http://www.leatherfoot.com/simpson-last/dp/5536Digging the broguing with no pinking. Not digging the fact that they will cost me 30% more than a pair from Skoak...