or Connect

Posts by negusnegas

Thanks imwithtuxedo. Have been searching for chambray, but haven't found any online shirtmakers that stocked it.
Does MT ever stock casual fabrics (chambray, linen, etc.).
I tried CEGO some years ago when they had the two shirt min for first time customers and I am rather sure Carl is about customer retention at the end of the day. I have tried the online services, but the difference generally isn't more then 40-50 bucks and I get to handle the fabric, which I consider very important. $140-160 is some solid material to be had at CEO and I can't say online MTM delivers much quality below $100. So actually not that far off.
I think Paul Stuart has MTM events so you might be able to get it made with a slightly longer body.
Only problem is that you are only $30 away from the low end of fabric selection at CEGO.
This was the Duffy's downtown stuff I posted about last week if I am not incorrect.
Daffy's on Broadway in the Financial District has two interesting sports coats. I would have picked one or both of them up, but just couldn't justify it to myself. 1 Pal Zileri Cashmere Blazer 42L $399 discounted by 20 or 30% so closer to $300 1 Caruso 50/50 Cashmere Silk Blazer 40R $349 discounted by 20 or 30% so closer to $275
Alls not lost...I do wonder if that type of transition can be successfully completed even with the backing of LVMH it's a tall order.
To add, I'd say pick collars that are slightly larger than the minuscule trend that has kind of taken hold. The Italian makers such as Borrelli should make something along those lines. If you do go MTM or custom, I think they will also be able to use a stiffer the interlining on the collar band, which should help too. Carl from CEGO would definitely be your best resource.
On a somewhat related note, I did see staple color Isaia's for 800 or so at the Sak's outlet at Sawgrass Mall in Florida over Thanksgiving break.