or Connect

Posts by who8mahrice

So the Heavy Americans...I mentioned briefly earlier in a post that I got these last week and I'm fairly impressed with them. My first pair of American denim and I like them. In a pure sense, I'd still choose my Japanese denim over them, but these are sub$100 versus $300+ on the others. If I was shorter on money, I wouldn't regret getting these. 16.25 oz denim. Fairly stiff, but not too heavy. No slubbiness or hairiness, quite smooth. Selvage detail on back right belt loop...
Wait, what? Tote members get free shipping now?
Thanks Robinson! I've actually narrowed it down to either 2001 (though I doubt it's that old), SS2008 or AW2009 on account of it originally being beige cowhide. I'll have to take a closer look later. The link nicelynice posted said something about the snap collar on 2008.
I remember seeing a brief guide of the various Margiela 5zips over time and the differences between them. Anyone have that post? Too many posts with Margiela in them to search properly. I'm trying to identify the year on my 5zip.
Yes. I don't really pay attention to sample sales as much since I'm not there, but I know Salt Optics has a sample sale.
I received my pair of the factory 2nd heavy American's yesterday. Only tried them only for a quick minute so don't have a full review yet though. But it seemed to fit pretty well. Almost all my jeans are Japanese, so I don't have much experience with Cone denim, but fairly impressed with it overall. FWIW, my girlfriend said it's her favorite jean on me. She complains all my other stuff is too thick so it looks bulky on me, but the Gustin looks slimmer on me. *shrug* I'll...
Dang...for that price I should sell my dip-dye. Have the same one in a 46 but it seems to fit like a 48 or 50 in the body and sleeves. Fits in the shoulders though, so you can tell it's just meant to be oversized.
Posted my thoughts on facebook. Which one's better/easier for you to read, SF or FB?
Normal from handling. The oils in your hands/fingers will transfer over.
Thanks for the shirt review Harvitz. I think I'll be holding off on shirt purchases for now. I'll probably look more in to them for flannels as it gets colder as I feel sizing and fit is a little more forgiving on flannels than oxfords. A bit disappointed in the color pattern not matching up. I think the original blue/green pattern is quite nice, but the lack of green vibrancy is a real bummer. But like you said and Gustin seems to confirm, that's just what they get from...