or Connect

Posts by who8mahrice

@Stevey, need your price range. How long term are you looking to keep them? Prefer to buy them in Australia or Boston?
Another price drop. Open to offers.
Buzzlulu, thanks for the detailed write-up. I found it extremely useful even though at most, I'd only be buying one SNS this season. Had I went and bought a Stark from a store, I would probably picked small or medium based on older seasons. Think I'd need a large now though.
Checked at some dry cleaners near me a while back about shortening the sleeves. I was quoted at least $75, probably more on account of the sleeve zippers making it harder. I'd expect your alteration to cost even more since your'e doing more things. I ended up not tailoring it, selling it, and just buying another off here.
Check out Wolf vs Goat (there's a thread here). You'll pay a bit more (assuming tote discount + shipping to Ca, but no tax), but guaranteed the quality will be significantly better. There's currently two out right now, red and grey. There's another one in the works coming soon, pictures in the affiliate thread.
Price drops on everything left.
Where's the lavender overdye? Can only find the plum.
In preparation to tomorrow: Do all the overdyes fit the same? I have the wine overdye that I picked up a while ago, but the sleeves on those definitely fit shorter than all my other WvG. It's actually made me consider selling it a few times as it's almost too short (and I'm only 5'7"). I'm wondering if I'll face this issue for the lavender or eggplant overdyes.
I think it was...Namor? who posted a thread about it. IIRC, he used Saphir shoe polish to color a ugly gray/brown 5zip to dark brown. There's some other leather recoloring projects here on SF as well.Found it: http://www.styleforum.net/t/285081/saphir-x-mmm-5-zip-darkening-a-leather-jacketI'd imagine black would be easier than brown. There's specific leather dyes available as well.
Med schools aren't going to care what you're wearing. So long as you're decently dressed with any sports coat/blazer, it'll be fine. Do you have a bunch coming up soon? If you don't have time, I'd just buy a beater suit from some place like H&M or Uniqlo. Most of the other students are going to be wearing black suits that are too big for them, so you don't be out of place whatever you wear. I'm a student and do interviews for my school and I've never heard about any...