or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

Last summer, moths (moth larvae, to be exact, I suppose) ate my woolen clothes. So I cleaned out my closet thoroughly and moved my remaining woolen clothes to a different closet that gets more sunlight (since I read that moths don't like a lot of sunlight). This summer, moths ate more of my woolen clothes.
Well, it sounds like you do deserve a kick in the ass.
this is what happens when drunkards converse
Now we're all confused! I'd assumed you'd confused Broker's with Booker's; hadn't even thought of Boodles' (which I've never tried). FWIW, Broker's is one of my favorite gins--although I generally only drink it in G&Ts and am unsure how it performs in cocktails.
Was surprised and excited to see Blind Pig on draft at a bar, but it confirmed that, despite my efforts, I'm just not an IPA guy.
A Brief History of American Rhetoric, Dutifully Updated by rnoldh When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation....
Oooh, a citation! It's getting scholarly up in this motherfucker.
I agree with this, and my point was mostly anchored in the distinction between (our impression/knowledge of) facts and judicial findings and court rulings. They're not at all identical, and yet only the juridical findings have legally binding power. I was trying to riff on the different effects of what happens when we think the search for actual truth and the standard judicial proceedings diverge enough to be intolerable--or, in this particular case, what happens when one...
shut up and go back to your four martini lunch
This is actually clever. Not correct or accurate as a description of how this joke was formulated, but clever nonetheless.Maybe we can use this bromide to get at something actually important instead of lobbing stupid talking points at each other. The distinction between fact and narrative is useful here. The legal system is a privileged and binding way of ascertaining (or adjudicating) what really happened in any particular case.PEDANTRY SPOILER [[SPOILER]] But the problem...