or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

I dressed up as the chairman for Halloween in 2004.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I wept when I first watched the series finale.
I really, really can't get into barleywines.
I grew up in (the bad part of) North Hollywood when I was very young, so I'm curious.
A while back, I joined some friends who had eaten dinner at the Tabard Inn. I didn't eat there myself, but I had a few drinks and a really good dessert. The place seemed charming in a ramshackle kind of way. Now that I'm back in Virginia for a little bit, I'm really tempted to make reservations and try Volt. Not all that close from me though.
Was going to detox for another day, but gf needed a drink to maintain her sanity as she writes and bought a bottle of red wine. So I said fuck it and bought a bottle of champers. Cheap champagne, but champagne nonetheless. I guess the red wine will wait for tomorrow.
Isn't convincing people on the internet to do heroin a violation of the Hippocratic oath?
Oh, and a non-geohistorical question, matt: when you prepare these multi-course meals, how exactly do you switch between being a chef and being a diner? Do you time things so meticulously that you can jump back and forth between prepping each course and eating the previous one? Or do you make them all ahead of time and have someone else serve each course why you're in the dining room? Or what? I ask because I find even the timing of my completely shitty meals tricky, so...
Wasn't sure so I googled it. My quick scan of wikipedia suggests that it was mostly a Mexican crop that was then cultivated in places like Africa by Europeans. It's late and I've had a few glasses of wine, so I could be wrong.(All this shit is pretty interesting to me because I teach a little bit of Cortes and such even though it's outside of my area of expertise.)
Huh, cool, will have to try the combo at some point. Just out of curiosity: any idea if that's an indigenous new world thing or if the two were paired only after the tomato and vanilla were brought back to Europe?