or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

Can we assume that your next book will be called Where to Pick a Fig?
Oh, I just thought he had twitchy fingers from all that Wednesday night cocaine.
I came close to figging someone at a Halloween party years ago. Someone explained what the term meant, we thought it was hilarious, and I drunkenly whittled a ginger buttplug. The plan was derailed by one very disapproving fiancee.
"White tuna" really blurs the line between outright deception and clever marketing. I mean, the fact that there really is no such thing as white tuna cuts both ways. Escolar sushi is actually pretty tasty, but that tastiness is always tempered by the fear of, uhh, leakage.
I can't believe nobody attempted or even mentioned Korean-style fried chicken. I've frequently marveled that the one thing that my people have perfected is the frying of chickens.
Sheez, I gotta get on this Madiran train and see what all the fuss is about.
I've actually been really entertained by Last Chance Kitchen this season (http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10/last-chance-kitchen) Off topic: anyone catch that new cooking show with Bourdain and Nigella Lawson on ABC? Basically a cooking show with the format of The Voice (which I hasten to affirm I have never watched except for one evening when I was very bored and had nothing to entertain me except TV and some wine), with the twist that all the food is tasted...
Isn't there an added wrinkle this year--a contestant who gets to come back based purely on fan votes? If so, Kristen probably has an even better shot of returning late; not sure what happens if she gets in via Last Chance Kitchen.
+1That place was one of the highlights of my New Orleans trip.Can't say I loved Felix Oyster Bar, though. Maybe I was oystered out by that point, but I found the plastic Denny's plates and the whole vibe kind of unappetizing.
Antibiotics make me feel miserable while I'm taking them (constant nausea, etc).Yeah, it's even pretty damn cold south of the Mason-DIxon line.