or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

Going through a six pack of the grapefruit version here in LA
PS - Did you know that China has a 1-2% Muslim population? That sounds small, but that's over 20+ million Muslims Should we ban Chinese immigration just in case? I mean they've already started infiltrating California with their restaurants dangerous idea centers: http://www.chinaislamic.com/ http://www.yelp.com/biz/omars-xinjiang-halal-restaurant-san-gabriel (ZOMG OMAR'S RESTAURANT! THE RECENT TERRORIST WAS NAMED OMAR! GOTTA STOP THE MADNESS) Or maybe not, because...
Wow, yeah, it's always a strong rhetorical move to say, if this batshit crazy thing happened, you sure might feel differently wave fist and polish gun more furiously. You say you certainly hope that something terrible (high numbers! those scary chemicals--so much scarier than bullets!) doesn't happen. And then you invoke it as your patriotism-boner inducing horror movie scenario. We have law enforcement systems in place to help prevent an attack of that magnitude. Those...
I'm shocked that a fundamentalist leader would claim that all followers of his religion (or should we say: all true followers of his religion) believe certain things. Those things being simplified literalist teachings. Hey, look, here are some dudes who are gay and Muslim: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/living/cnnphotos-gay-muslims/ Looks like they haven't sliced their own throats. Maybe the fundamentalist leader would reasonably modify his claim to "all Muslims minus n...
sometimes you're disingenuous cite opinion polls about Muslim views in a particular country (Afghanistan); then talk about all Muslims; then say, "haha differences across the Muslim world not that important stop complaining about generalizations" You love opinion polls that much? Here you...
No.We're talking about a religion that encompasses a quarter of the human population right now. Even if that religion has a problem with extremism and fundamentalism manifesting itself in political ways, talking about that religion is nothing like understanding a pretend sociopath killer.
You've either asserted or implied positions like "understanding something bad is in some way an excuse for that bad thing" or "don't try to understand--just say 'fuck him' to assert your moral clarity." Those are harmful things to believe. Not because we need more internet sleuths or armchair psychologists, but because we need broad, public support for smart research & policymaking--the kind that doesn't just say "OMG CRAZY EVIL IS CRAZY EVIL WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO" but...
I'm not an expert--on terrorism or law enforcement. As a lay citizen, yes, I'd agree that right now, Islamic fundamentalism poses the most serious threat to American citizens' lives via terrorist attacks. In this provisional agreement, I am taking a less "firm position" once again. I do so for two related reasons: 1) I don't pretend to be an expert on whatever I think; when I think that I might possibly be a distortion, i'd prefer not to make sweeping declarations that...
^ well, it didn't specify which George Washington. Could've just been a random buffoon with that name.
pretty sure i don't have cirrhosis time to drink a six pack