or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

Going to dinner at Mélisse in Santa Monica tomorrow. Perusing the wine list. Seems like they want to reward Bandol drinkers, which is fine with me, while completely screwing over anyone who wants some champers. I'm intrigued by the two Irancy reds on the list.
for HRoi: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9583392 (no I don't have this. yet.)
oh i have bottles full of the stuff in the freezer
Had been getting bitten by mosquitos all summer long--which is pretty normal for me (my blood must be tasty). But I'm pretty sure I've been bitten by chiggers in the last few weeks. My legs look like a meth head's face and I wake up in the middle of the night with itches so intense I'd rub my skin off with sandpaper if I had any. Hydrocortisone lotion only somewhat helpful. The entire situation is ridiculous enough as it is, but did they really have to name the mites...
BFM La Meule over at Sunset Beer. Not amazing but enjoyable--the sage is thankfully subtle.
Pretty sure I found the one great bargain on the drink list at Bestia in L.A. ($17 for a 750ml--not the most amazing beer but one I enjoy):
probably reggs trying to get Trump to autograph his cosplay outfit
Yeah, I keep reading about this place. Ain't no chance in hell I'm waiting in line for a long time for a fried chicken sandwich, no matter how well fried and spicy it is.
Greenblatt's Deli lives up to its global reputation
Honestly, the thing I was most impressed by was that--despite the 3% service fee that's becoming ubiquitous and a risible $1 per bottle of tap water fee that was added--the place wasn't trying to rip us off at all. The waiter down-sold us on a number of items and the portions were so big we couldn't order any more after our initial round of things. But most of the dishes seemed pretty one-note in flavor although everything was tasty enough. :shrug: