or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

says the guy who published a 212-page book that's currently ranked #5,320,275 in book sales on Amazon
Oh fuck off. I don't have any more time for your bullshit*. Have fun with your circlejerk with wojt and Kai.* - everyone knows that Islamic extremism leading to violence is a problem. It's a problem that needs to be handled effectively. That's not your "truth." Your "truth" is: it's true that Muslim terrorism is the biggest, hugest, scariest problem if a) we don't define any parameters and keep chanting the mantra or b) we keep tinkering with the parameters in any which...
http://gothamist.com/2016/06/14/hood_guy_with_a_gun.php
You started with this:That's clearly and unambiguously a claim (or yet another argument by assertion) about the number of attacks. You didn't specify where or when, of course, but both shah and I presented some numbers that refute your blanket claim, at least in the context of recent U.S. history. Then you moved on to a claim about global networks. That's what counts. And then, finally you added, "perhaps I should have noted that the scope of those attacks is part of my...
capitalism releases flows
I didn't bring up the example of the homophobic pastor in America --> anti-gay legislation in Christian Africa in isolation or out of nowhere. I brought it up in response to suited's remarks. He kept bringing up opinion polls that suggest that the majority of Afghan Muslims are for killing apostates. He cited this as an example of a dangerous idea that we need to keep out by banning Afghan Muslims (or is it all Muslims from every country--still no response to that basic...
I, for one, would gladly sacrifice all of my children to the glorious wars of liberation and KFC franchise expansion that our fearless leader will initiate. [[SPOILER]]
Homosexuality is outlawed in a number of African countries, with penalties ranging from imprisonment to execution. Some of these countries are majority Christian and justify anti-gay laws through appeals to Christianity. And American Christians have, in some cases, actively promoted this kind of legislation: http://www.thenation.com/article/its-not-just-uganda-behind-christian-rights-onslaught-africa/ I don't know the numbers, but I'm guessing more (probably a lot more)...
shift shift shift shift goalpost goalpost goalpost goalpostBTW IIRC, the people who carried out the 9/11 attacks were Saudis and had visas. Should we stop giving out visas to people from Saudi Arabia? Also, some of the attackers met and coordinated in Malaysia (majority Muslim country). Should we stop giving out visas to Malaysians? Should we stop Malaysian immigration?The biggest threat to American lives is McDonald's and Coca Cola. You should probably stop letting your...