Posts by erictheobscure

Wait, that's not even how probabilities work. (I.e., a 10% chance of something happen =! if we ran that thing ten times that something "would be expected" to happen once.In any case, it's hard to know how the practical usefulness of that percent chance changes with narrower intervals. "There's a one in five chance it will rain today" is useful. "There's a one in five chance it'll rain in the morning but a one in three chance it'll rain in the afternoon" is even more...
I never understood the percentage chance of precipitation. It would make some sense if it were an estimate of the chances it would rain on that day. But that's clearly not the case. Is it the odds it'll rain during a particular one-hour stretch? Some shorter stretch of time?
I've tried dabbling in Greek wines--mostly red. I usually can't pronounce the varietal names (Agiorgitikitikotitkaotgio) or the places of origin (often I'm not even 100% sure which is which) and it's surprising how much of a crapshoot it is. But sometimes you can score something really quite good for $20.
but GreenFrog is trustworthy
Eh, if that were true, he'd likely had a hotel room for the schtupping and for the junk washing. It's more likely that he became incontinent while camped out in front of a slot machine.
ftfy
A few years ago, I crashed an academic conference (my girlfriend's subfield, not mine) in Vegas. It was hilarious to see a bunch of academics completely out of place and bewildered inside the scuzzy Flamingo. (I'm kind of a degenerate gambler by birthright so I was perfectly happy pissing away my money and getting shitfaced.) At one point, I ran into someone I knew in grad school--really, really nice, softspoken dude. He had a look of consternation on his face, so I asked...
My high school's mascot was the Highlander. I think we might've actually had a bagpipe player in the marching band. In any case, I heard "Scotland the Brave" being practiced most mornings during gym class. (Also, "Don't Call Me Al"--I have no idea why the marching band director loved that fucking song so much.)
just Googled to find out which school has a bagpipe major huh