or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

proper syllogism: pork roll is (in spirit if not in fact) from philly all things from philly are vile pork roll is vile improper but superior syllogism: pork roll is philly pork roll is vile and only barely tolerable when drunk philly is vile and only barely tolerable when drunk disclaimer: i have never had alimentary relations with that pork roll
make sure to collect the vig
To be fair, my work has been much more focused on one of those other famous dead white assholes, but Shakespeare pays the bills.The bigger point: my first gig was at a university system that had gone through a disastrous experiment with an open-admissions policy. Obviously, there's a balance of keeping academic standards up and promoting social good by allowing underrepresented students to get a shot at educational & career advancement. The foment in the late 60s that you...
The Travails of Medwed: A Serial Picaresque Chapter 1, in which our protagonist insists that the United States should have presidential term limits! and is promptly reminded of the 22nd Amendment Chapter 2, in which our undeterred protagonist decries how flag burning is illegal in the United States! and is promptly reminded of Texas v. Johnson (1989) Chapter 3, in which our undaunted protagonist insists that an obscure interlocutor look up what narrative means! and is...
^ weird. I figured that map from the Evening Standard was finessed to be oversimplified somehow. But also weird that the WP map couldn't be bothered to do N. Ireland properly.
^ the entire thing indicates he has no idea what's going on (starting from his failure to grasp that scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay) and he's trying to grasp for familiar talking points but they're coming out in an incoherent jumble of irrelevance am shocked that you don't recognize stupidity when it's right before you. it's okay, though. feel free to post another stupid bird photo if that makes you feel clever. probably not the one with a kid with down syndrome,...
wow, is the breakdown really this stark?
This seems more and more likely.http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/24/europe/scotland-eu-referendum/index.html