or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

Off to go fishing in the Schuylkill!
Two gripes: 1) On multiple occasions, I've been at nicer restaurants serving some sort of tasty, well-prepared protein (short rib, hake) in some kind of half-assed sweet Asian-ish sauce, with the result that the entire dish just kind of tasted like Chinese takeout. I guess this is some sort of unfortunate Momofuku effect? 2) Bought some fish fillets at Whole Foods. Those jerks hadn't even taken out the pinbones. (Not just one or two--lots of them.) I know it's my fault...
Yeah, really sorry to hear the sad news. Letting yourself remain sad for a while seems like a completely reasonable thing to do.
Dinner at a nice BYOB. Look two tables over (date: business bro who wearing a fleece over a dress shirt + hot but bland looking fake blonde) and notice a bottle of Menage a Trois wine sitting on the table. The fake blonde notices that I'm glancing their way and looks at me; I'm embarrassed that I've been scoffing at their supermarket wine like the judgmental asshole I am and I quickly avert my gaze. She totally thought she caught me checking her out.
Drinking a relatively cheap ($17 or so) sparking vin de Savoie. It's actually not bad at all as a light, refreshing sparkler. But what I'm enjoying most is that it clocks in at 11 percent, and after having gone through two and a half glasses or so, I feel like I could drink a bucket of this and still be okay. As a boorishly fast drinker/gulper, this is appealing.
Conferences are the highlight of an academic's life. No joke. We lead sad lives.
Betimes I had a blow out to demonstrate on my cranium my allegiance to the L.A. Guns but then the arrival of L.A. poseurs unappealed the blow out stylings and eventually I shore (cropped) my locks.
My penis ("dick") did not have the tactile quality of corn today, but I did apply some new fragrance to my nether regions in case I should encounter some pleasant relations of the erotic sort today.
holy shit me too