or Connect

Posts by erictheobscure

as an (asian-american) english prof, my lucrative side consulting gig would be tutoring some rich asian dimwit and charging his parents $250 an hour
FWIW, much of the money to be made in academia is in administration. The administrative bloat is completely out of control now and there doesn't seem to be a way of curbing it since, uhh, the administrators are in charge. And also, any academic who actually wants to make some money and doesn't have lots of family money secretly needs the (largely unpleasant) possibility of being an administrator as an option. All the needless administrators are, IMHO, a huge waste of...
but how many annum does that guy go through in a year?
bro do you even superego
that dude's always spending like $200 on > to attract the young ladies
Hadn't formulated an obvious fact about my life until just now: in my mid-30s, I've attained a professional/personal role that makes it pretty common for eighteen to twenty-one year old women to develop fairly conspicuous crushes on me. Yet due precisely to my professional/personal role, my only responses are: - chuckle and think of it as a meaningless perq and nothing more (the respectable tenable option); - act and become a professional/personal disgrace (the midlife...
No. The last Madiran I tried was Laffitte-Teston. It was like drinking saddle leather.
Had some of this tonight: http://www.astorwines.com/SearchResultsSingle.aspx?search=19435 I think that pretty much concludes my experiments in Tannat. Just not for me.
Jesus Christ--it's not that any of us are wounded by your incisive criticism. It's that you're a fucking tedious blowhard and we're sick of reading your shit.Either learn to be interesting or clever or go the fuck away.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in this thread!