or Connect

Posts by LiveandLetDrive

Unfortunately that thread seems pretty dead. Any more advice would help a lot, thanks!
Thanks Hugh I've linked this thread there. Regarding the vest/pants gap, should you not be able to see the waist/button of the pants? (In this case the belt buckle.) I know you shouldn't see the shirt, which you can't or only just. Hadn't heard opposition to belt with vest before but I suppose it does result in a lot of elements coming together in one place. I had the buttons put in for braces (because why not) and they fit my waist well enough they'd stay up on their...
Hello all, If someone has a moment I'd really appreciate ideas on how to nail the fit of my first MTM suit here, from Black Lapel. Overall I feel like it's in the ballpark but I think it needs some finessing and I have no idea where to begin. I'll be having a tux made for my sister's wedding soon and I want to make sure I get that one spot on, and improve this one as well. Many thanks, please have a...
When I'm supposed to be working:  Black Tie Guide   When I'm supposed to be sleeping:  still finding time to finish Joshua Slocum's Sailing Alone Around the World
Lurker joining the well-dressed fray here.  I received my first MTM suit (and my first new suit in several years) recently.  Black Lapel navy microcheck super-slim 2-button SB with 5-button vest.  As I rarely have occasion to don a suit and have never owned such a slim fit before I could use your thoughts.  My first impression is that it fits very well.  It's snug but feels pretty natural and doesn't feel like it is straining or inconsistently tight and I have full ROM.  I...