or Connect

Posts by WhitsunVillein

Those pants look great. I was thinking about getting some Luxire linen pants but now am more seriously considering it based on their ability to resist heavy wrinkling. I really like the way yours wrinkle actually. In that state, they look like they'd wear similar to a pair of jeans but with a more refined look. 
Has anyone had any experience with the white grey stripes linen fabric? I'm thinking about getting a shirt made in it and am wondering how transparent it is. I'd probably be wearing it mostly in a very casual business environment so I can get away with about anything, but I don't want people to be able to see through it.
I doubt I'm the first to think of this: Has anyone started a sort of database of images of completed shirts for the purpose of seeing what different fabrics look like? It is difficult for me to visualize how the fabric will look when on a completed shirt, especially the patterns. Images for the majority of fabrics on the website don't give much visual context. I'm envisioning images of a shirt where the front and the collar are visible. Does anyone else think this would be...
I posted this in the Luxire thread, but wanted some more feedback. In these photos I am wearing a Brooks Brothers shirt that I had my tailor modify for me. What should be improved on the fit of this shirt when I send to Luxire for copying? What tweaks do you recommend?   I'd like to shorten the yoke measurement.   I actually think the armhole is a bit wide from front to back (if you look at the profile photo), though I am satisfied with the armhole height. How would I...
 I really like this shirt. I see what you mean about the extra width toward the bottom, but I actually don't mind it. I can't know without experiencing this shirt myself, but it seems risky shortening it if you'd still want to be able to tuck it in without things coming untucked. I actually think the tails don't come down too far while wearing untucked, so perhaps shortening is an unnecessary risk. I agree that the sleeves could be elongated a bit, though I think this...
The photos do not enlarge too much for me to check detail, but from what I see, the shirt looks good. Is it possible the upper back is a little billowy? The sleeves seem as though they may be bunched up at the elbow joint. Are the sleeves a little long, or otherwise not perfect?
Hikari, I agree with your assessment regarding sleeve length and back of shirt, though the elbow doesn't bother me. I would also consider taking in the measures on the front so it's a little less drapey there as well, though this is a decision of personal preference I would think.
Thanks for the tip xizenta. Any other thoughts? I actually think the armhole is a bit wide from front to back (if you look at the profile photo), though I am satisfied with the armhole height. How would I change this without making the chest measurement smaller?Do the sleeves seem a touch long? Thanks.
What should be improved on the fit of this shirt when I send to Luxire for copying? What tweaks do you recommend? I see some things, but maybe I'll see what the consensus is before I prime peoples' answers. Thanks for taking a look.