or Connect

Posts by academe

They are one of the new kids on the block, and have been trying hard to make a name for themselves. They do make compelling products; the WIS here may turn their noses up, but if it's within your price range and you love it, don't let the opinions of a bunch of guys on the interwebz stop you.
Nice idea. I do like my PO and it would be a shame to part with it. I have looked at the Tudor Pelagos. If I was willing to spend a bit more I might go for a JLC Deep Sea. I just have a hard time psychologically with the notion of spending lots on dive/tool watches. The classics (i.e. Rolex Submariners, Omega Seamaster/POs, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms) are so ubiquitous and imitated that they've become...common. I know I may be sounding like a snob, but I have a hard time...
I quite like the Montblanc. Reminds me of JLC Master Calendar, though I suppose this dial/date lay out is fairly canonical for a full calendar.
I do think that Panerai have a very distinct design language and identity, which is more than can be said for many mid-tier watch houses, many of whom (especially in the sports chrono and dive watch segments) converge on the generic. Sadly because of my small wrists I don't think I could pull off anything more than 40-42mm. The slimmer manually-wound Radiomirs also I find a bit more flexible, in terms of dressing up or down.
Optical illusion? I don't have very big wrists (6.75") and the ROs wear large. I think 39-40mm is near the upper limit of what I can wear. The only watch I have which is larger is a Omega Planet Ocean (42mm) which sits okay on my wrist...I'm considering replacing it with a slightly smaller diameter diver in the future.
Thanks. 39mm bought in 2009/2010, although I think this version is still in the current collection.
RO Dualtime this morning.
Not sure of prices but try Chrono24; many reputable dealers in second hand watches sell there.
You could always pickup a 1931 if you wanted a Grande. Given how much I love mine, I would be sorely tempted if I had more £ to spare. But being of relatively modest means, I have to prioritise my spending at that AL&S that I want next won't come cheap!Sometimes I think the emphasis on in house manufacture as a value in and of itself is a bit skewed. To me, the value of in house manufacture is that it implies better standards of quality control, finer finishing and a...
Dressed down Reverso day.