or Connect

Posts by academe

Feeling dizzy...
Pretty.
Nice one - any photos of the caseback? Does that model have stop seconds on the sub-dial?
Liking it Mimo... I do like those Stowa pilot's watches and have considered adding one to my collection. Congratulations!
Neat! Is that one of their 3D moonphases at 6 o'clock?
That's a beauty. I like the bi-compax layout very much, and case shape is very elegant.
Tell me that's not the next PAM you're adding to your collection?!
I agree with others that the dial layout for the 572 is that tad bit more balanced than the 512. That said, when I tried the 512 on my wrist, the 42mm fit pretty well on my less than enormous (6.75") wrists, and looked nice and proportionate. I'd have to try on the 572 to be sure if it looked as good on, dial balance aside....but that micro-rotor! I'm a sucker for them. I like them on the Parmigiani Tonda 1950, the Piaget Altiplanos, the Langematik and Patek calibre 240....
Yes but with a limited run of 1000 means that you'll be lucky if you're able to get one!
I know, right? I've admired Panerais but never really desired them until I saw the 512 1940 Radiomir... And then I read the reviews for the new 572 following Watches and Wonders.Here's the more svelte 42mm 512:It has quite a lovely (though "industrially finished") hand wound movement:Case detailing: