or Connect

Posts by academe

Looking good Newcomer. One of my favourite JLCs and still on my wish list!
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I'm sad that that line has been discontinued. It has so much character and class.
Congratulations! I'm surprised you have a moment to post. That's TWAT dedication for you!
Out on the farm with the family today.
Sadly he has a son who loves watches...
I must confess, I still don't quite get the hatred of polished centre links? Did I miss something?
Interesting conversation here...I think anytime you have a potentially expensive hobby (and here I'm thinking not only of money but of time, too), that becomes a potential point of conflict with a spouse/significant other. When I was concentrating on building my bespoke wardrobe I had to be very circumspect and careful about my expenditure to get it past the wife. Now I've moved on to watches, points of discussion/conflict are somewhat more spaced out, mostly because the...
Given limited budgets, it's important to find reasons not to buy something. If not, those grails will never be yours!
I take RNguy and your point about the short hands. Even if it's part of the aesthetic, if you don't like that is that. I will be staying the course with the 2 or 3 hander. It's been long enough now that it seems a shame to get distracted.Funny re: dress vs sports watches. Even though I work in a casual work place and don't dress very formally, I've found my interest in watches going the opposite direction to yours. I've been increasingly interested in more classically...
Great price for a fantastic watch. If I was in the market for a high end diver this would be on my hit list. If you have the funds, I would snap this up!