or Connect

Posts by academe

^ It wears very nicely. It's a modular chrono, but for the price,I don't think you'd expect an integrated column wheel movement. I like the bi-compax layout and over dial balance. Not too busy.
The Longines puts me in mind of this cushion-shaped GO:
^ That Longine definitely has great wrist presence. I'm pleased that Longine have been re-freshing their more historically-inspired collections. There are so many great Longines from the past, especially their chronos, and these newer Longines really get it right...
Keep us posted! I'm dying to see the 572 in the metal. I've tried on the smaller 42mm 512 and 337 in the past, and was impressed. My main concern, from a personal stand point, is that with my narrower (6.75") wrists, the 572 might end up wearing me. The 512/337 fit perfectly.
I'm sure it has great wrist presence, and if it's a good fit/proportionate to your wrist size, then who's to judge? Does it feel balanced with respect to case height and size? When I bought my Planet Ocean, I ended up picking the older calibre 2500 version because the newer 8500 watch felt a that little bit thicker, and didn't feel quite as good on my wrist...
Beautiful. The Up/Down is one of my favourite Langes!
Is that the 44mm version with calibre 9300 movement? Sweet. I quite like the '57 model, in a slightly more diminutive case size (41 or 42 mm I believe?). For my puny 6.75" wrists, 44mm felt too big.
^ I like that cushion-shaped case and overall dial layout. Not 100% certain about the date window in the re-issue. Makes the dial look a bit more cluttered than is necessary (I prefer the original's dial). Are the numerals on the dial printed or applied? Looks like the former in the photo...
Regardless of the brand, I love the styling of these vintage chronographs. Very tasteful indeed!
Nice one - is that a 45mm case?