or Connect

Posts by academe

Heresy!
Agreed re: Breitling. The Navitimer is a real classic, and the Transocean series is a nice reinterpretation of the mid-twentieth century chronos that made their name. Kudos to them for becoming a full manufacture, too.
Dudes need to chill-out. As the original poster of the crappy Lange pic, I'll come out and say that I wasn't offended by what RFX45 wrote and didn't take the Portofino comparison badly. I only posted the stock photo because I wasn't aware that Lange had released any "in the metal" shots of the new Dual Time; from the style of photography I take it you got your photos from Watchprosite? Will have to go over there and check out the reviews.
The Lange studio pics look "plasticky" compared to real-life photos. I suppose my impression of the new 38.5mm Dual Time came from seeing the older model in the metal, where it looked much more like this:I suppose I do see the design similarities with the Portofino, though the Patek Dual Time or JLC Master Hometime were what first came to mind because of the dial layout.
The new 38.5mm Saxon is pretty sweet. I like the reduced case size and slightly longer railway track markers; definitely more dial presence than the first iteration:I tried on the slightly larger 40mm version earlier this year and liked it very much...I even liked the full-sized rotor (though Lange purists will always favour the hand-wounds or micro-rotor calibres).
^ Both nice watches, but that Datograph is the bomb!
Despite what people have said on this thread about the 5296, I still like that sector dial. At least in the eyes of this beholder, it is a thing of beauty!
You're killing me with that BLNR!
I do remember now that Longines had a column-wheel movement developed for them; hadn't realised your watch was one of them.
^ Impressive in the metal?